Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Aug 12, 2006, 7:11 PM   #1

The F10 has been great....but my main beef has been with the non standard Terminal adaptor

However, I recently discovered that it is possible to connect to the computer directly using a USB adaptor whose non-standard end fits into the camera.

At the moment, I can't seem to find the charger adaptor and was wondering whether it is possible to charge the camera directly by plugging this USB adaptor to my iPod USB Wall Charger? :?
rockykabir is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 16, 2006, 11:11 AM   #2

I have had three different Fuji digital cameras. On the ones I have had the USB port has been used for the following functions:

Direct connect to the computer to download images.
Connect to the computer to use the camera has a Web camera (5100).
Provide connection for USB cable release (9000).

None of the cameras I have had have provided the capability to charge the battery through the USB port. I have never read anything about the F10, and know nothing about it. But from the knowledge I have of other models, I don't think that is a function of your USB port.
jphess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2006, 5:47 AM   #3

I wouldn't risk using anything other than a proper charger, I agree that the non standard set up with the F10 ( and F11) is a pain in the backside.
Inactive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2006, 9:25 AM   #4

the F10 rocks, i agree the terminal adapter was the only bad point about it, i have destroyed a few of the cams (5 so far) the 6th one has lasted me a few months now so im happy, i have left/lost/killed all 6 terminal adapters and now cannot find a replacement part to do a firmware upgrade, my mates at fuji just told me get the F30 its better and the way i go through cameras it wouldnt last long enough to get a new one anyway. (in oz the adapter needs to be bought in from jp, some reason they dont keep stock, now that has always seemed wierd)

Jeebuz
(all opinions are mine and are biased towards my purposes)
jeebuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2006, 5:48 PM   #5

rockykabir wrote:
Quote:
The F10 has been great....but my main beef has been with the non standard Terminal adaptor

However, I recently discovered that it is possible to connect to the computer directly using a USB adaptor whose non-standard end fits into the camera.

At the moment, I can't seem to find the charger adaptor and was wondering whether it is possible to charge the camera directly by plugging this USB adaptor to my iPod USB Wall Charger? :?

This is an old thread, I doubt you're still around but...

having lost my terminal adapter I need one of those USB cables you speak of to download images. do you know the name of the end that fits into the camera?

Also, as far as charging, there's this:

<http://www.accessorygenie.com/detail.aspx?ID=6286&gclid=CN32ubeW5YgCFRAzUAodeWYu gg>

and if you search "fuji f10 charger" on ebay you'll get some more options.
dumbkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2006, 10:48 AM   #6

bump
dumbkid is offline   Reply With Quote