Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Aug 19, 2006, 8:30 AM   #1

After getting my S9000 back from the command dial repair, I've noticed that the camera now makes and stores the pics in a new folder on the memory cards. It used to store the photos in the "100_Fuji" folder (or something like that), and now it has made new folders on all my cards called "999_Fuji". The old "100_Fiju" folders are still there, but empty since I deleted the pics in them.

Anyone else who has had their camera repaired observed this? Why are there new folders? Did they do a firmware upgrade? I'm at a loss.
Wolverine@MSU is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 27, 2006, 10:04 PM   #2

i too sent my 9500 in for repair, and it came back the same 999_fuji. i phoned them and they said it was normal and went off to check a s9500 they had there to confirm this.

if it bothers you, you could do what i did and reset it .

in the manual there is a section that tells you how to reset it to folder 100_fuji for the folder name. if you cannot find it let me know and i will describe how to do it

regards Mark
mjr001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28, 2006, 7:25 AM   #3

Thanks. I also heard that just reformatting the card in the camera will reset it. I haven't tried it yet 'cause the camera is going back for another visit to the repair shop. When I got it back there were dark sposts showing up in the pictures. I suspect that they got some dirt on the sensor during disassembly, although I don't see how it could have happened if all they did was replace the command/mode dial plate.
Wolverine@MSU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28, 2006, 5:56 PM   #4

i too had problems with fuji after a repair for a hot pixel, sent the cam back for the pixel problem, it came back with dirt inside the lcd screen. formatting the card will not reset the folder to 100-fuji, it has to be done as described in the manual, which goes something like change file for photos from continuous to reset remove card then format and change back to continuous or somethig like that. if you look in the error messages section of the manual for the error displaying frame full then go to the relevent section it tells you how to do it

regards Mark
mjr001 is offline   Reply With Quote