Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Aug 30, 2006, 8:05 AM   #21

Awe, nuts. That figures. I buy a new camera and a better version comes out. Oh well.
madartiste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 2006, 11:29 AM   #22

Nev Cross wrote:
Quote:
If you bought a new car 6 months ago and the manufacturer now is bringing out a new model with a more powerful engine would you expect the manufacturer to replace your old engine free of charge as an upgrade, of course not, so why would you expect a camera manufacturer to upgrade every old model when they bring out a new model?

I own an S9500 but I don't expect a free upgrade just because a new model is coming out.

Nev Cross

Australia
Quote:
hi there nev, I dont think that the car analogy is a very good one...since if car manufactures let it be known years before they bring out a new model that a new one is in the offing. Did fuji..nope in fact you could have been in the process of buying a 9000/9500 at the very moment that the new model was announced ....ok i accept they have at least given a few weeks prior notice....My other point is that if a car manufacture discovers that there is perhaps a problem with a particular range of car they usually have a recall to provide modifications...did fuji ...nope theyve decided that if there a some probs with the s9500 then sod it lets just bring out a new model...
Quote:
Ive had my s9500 for 2 months now and think its a great camera.....but im weary of the factt that the command dial could go at any minute.....sooner or later somone will open up a s9600 and discover that the shaft of the command dial will have been changed...at that point will we maybe accept that good customer relations and fuji dont go hand in hand
Quote:
cheers
Quote:
harry
henryhtc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2, 2006, 11:26 PM   #23

who's this idiot sayin that u can save 13 raw images on a 16 mb card..........the site says that u must have a 256 mb card.
vikalp_vk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3, 2006, 4:57 AM   #24

On a review of the new S9100/9600 I saw that they changed the command dial wheel, it's a littl smalle and doesn't protrude that much ... good thing
belgian pie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2006, 11:41 AM   #25

Hey Belgian Pie,

Can you please post the url for this 9100 review? or is it preview?
nic11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2006, 8:35 PM   #26

Hi all,
Did Fuji really fix the faulty dial command design with this new s9600? Any link is appreciated, since I am thinking on buying s9600 if the problem really has been fixed by Fuji. Are there any s9600 user experiences the same problem with s9500 so far?

Thanks
upai is offline   Reply With Quote