Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Aug 25, 2006, 3:23 PM   #1

hello there!

i wanted to ask the following 2 questions regarding the F20:

1.) in "manual" mode - is it possible to set any iso between 100 and 1600 or are the only 2 options "auto400" and "auto1600", where you cannot influence the exact iso setting and the cam instead chooses an iso anywhere between 100 and 400 in "auto400" mode and any iso from 100 to 1600 at the "auto1600" setting?

suppose i wanted to shoot in 800, 400, 200, 100 or whatever?

if it's not possible to force an iso setting in manual mode (and also not in scene modes), is it documented which iso settings are used in the scene modes (or does the cam choose any iso in the scene modes as well) leaving the user with no control of iso-settings at all (exept for the limit of either 400 or 1600)?

2.) in manual mode - even though you don't have control on the shutter settings, how long is the longest shutter speed in this mode?
for example if i wanted to take a night shot in manual mode, how far will the cam go down with shutter speed? i guess if you cranked up the EV all the way (and if i limit it to auto400) the cam must adjust its shutter speed. how long will the longest speed be in this mode?

thanx so much in advance,
nice greetz,
shadow.
movingshadow001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 25, 2006, 4:20 PM   #2

According to the specs, the F20 does not have a manual mode. It has programmed auto, aperture priority auto, and shutter priority auto. The specs also indicate that the slowest shutter speed is four seconds. Unfortunately, the manual for this model is not available online like some of the others. It is necessary to contact Fuji to get one.
jphess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25, 2006, 5:39 PM   #3

hey!

i'm sorry, but the F20 doesn't have the aperture priority auto, and shutter priority auto (some specs in the net say it does, but it really does not have these 2 modes).
however, it does have a mode called "manual" but you can't set aperture or shutter (it's a little confusing but many other cams have the same - as you'd say "crippled" - manual mode where you can change things like WB, EV, ISO, Metering and Focus but not shutter/aperture).

anyway:
i think it is possible to set all iso settings in manual mode (i read it in in another thread), but i'm still not too sure about it...

i still haven't figured out what the slowest shutter speed in manual mode is though.
hopefully someone can help me out here (i don't wanna limit myself to using the night shot- or the firework mode because there you have to give up on iso, wb and ev).
the specs says that the cam goes down to 3 seconds (and 4 if you use the firework mode). are they referring to manual mode with the 3 seconds?

how can i get down to the 3 seconds?

thanx,
shadow.
Old Aug 25, 2006, 10:49 PM   #4

First of all, I want to give you a big disclaimer. I know nothing about the F20. I have not read anything about it other than what is published on the Fuji website. I don't want to argue, and I'm not claiming to have an authoritative answer. All I am going to do here is provide you with a link to the specs Fuji has published. If you look down through them until you find the exposure modes you will see where I got my information. If you have other information that contradicts, then you certainly have much more accurate information than I do.

http://www.fujifilmusa.com/JSP/fuji/...ecSheets856005
jphess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26, 2006, 4:16 AM   #5

To download the F20 manual go to http://www.fujifilm.com/products/dig...f20/index.html
Monkeybloke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26, 2006, 5:09 AM   #6

@ jphess:

hey i'm sorry if i sounded rude, it was not my intention at all.
i wanted to post the information i know so far about the F20 (and i have it all from fujis own 150 page pdf manual, which can be downloaded from their homepage).

i was not able to answer the shutter speed question however (and also not the iso question).
that's because i only own a slr and no point n' shoot cam, so i don't know how the shutter speed times are meant to work for cams that don't have the option to set the shutter speed. and almost all all point n' shoot cams lack these manual settings, so i guess my question would better fit in a general camera thread and that's where i'm gonna ask this question now!

thanx again, and please, i appologise if i got anyone annoyed,

greetz,
shadow.