Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Aug 26, 2006, 3:37 PM   #1

Has anyone here with this model camera tried using telephoto, wide angle or macro auxiliary lenses? And do you think the product is worth the price of the lense? Thank you.

Shari
Shari is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 31, 2006, 2:16 AM   #2

I have a 5200 that I bought recently and I did look into the wide angle attachment, It is hard to find, kind of expensive and frankly with the software available today not really neccesary.

If I need a wide angle shot I usually take the images separately and keep in mind a landmark in the previous image that allows me enough overlap to properly stitch the images together.

I have 3 fuji cameras now and love them all....

Greg
Meadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2006, 12:09 PM   #3

I agree.There's a free download availableatwww.photo-freeware.net called AutoStitch that does an amazing job stitching panoramas. As long as your pictures are relatively well aligned and overlapped - you'll probably have to experiment a little to get a feel for it, and using the grid-marks in the viewfinder helps - you'll get good results almost every time.
toshi43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2006, 9:50 PM   #4

Shari try this:

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...mp;forum_id=16
blindsight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2006, 10:18 PM   #5

Thank you all for your replies. I think I will try taking a few photos and use my PSE5 and see how it works. Less money than the lens. I did not get notification of your replies by e-mail and that is why I did not answer. I just started a camera course today called "Beyond Automatic". I think this is going to help me - although I have had good luck with auto and macro with my S5200. Thanks again.

Shari
Shari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2006, 1:13 PM   #6

I have used Fuji S5200 with a Panasonic DMW-LW55 (meant for Lumix FZ series cameras) with success (albeit some chromatic aberration and geometric distorsion, both easily correctable, IMHO). The unit cost half the price of the camera and cannot be used (do not really need it, though) on my S9000 (vignetting). I still have not decided if it was worth it for me.

However, stitching shots cannot be applied (at least not easily) to a moving subject.

Darry
darry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2006, 6:49 PM   #7

I have used the Olympus B-28 teleconverter with my S5200. It has a .8X multiplier, giving the S5200 a wide angle equivalent of just over 30mm. You can buy them pretty cheaply on Ebay auctions. I got mine for less than $40.
robbo is offline   Reply With Quote