Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Aug 28, 2006, 10:16 AM   #1

Greetings all,

My 7-month-old S9000 seems to locked in AUTO mode. When in Manual, A,S, or P modes, I cannot change aperture or shutter speed. I thought this had happened to me once before and I was able to change a menu setting, but I am having no luck whatsoever with this issue. I've contacted Fuji and they suggest I send it in for repairs. Before I do, has anyone else had this issue? Any advice?

TIA

Bruce
bhull3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 28, 2006, 6:24 PM   #2

Sounds like the dreaded Command Dial issue.....:?

bill soper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29, 2006, 9:15 AM   #3

Agree with Bill. Welcome to the club. Check it out carefully when you get it back. Mine came back with spots on the sensor (I think) and am sending it back yet again. I asked for, and received, a pre-paid FedEx sticker for the return.
Wolverine@MSU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6, 2006, 12:51 PM   #4

heya , i am having the same problem .. my 5 months old s9000 command dial doesn't work too .. i don't know whether its the settings problem or its broken ... am scaed i luv ma cam
depp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2006, 12:03 AM   #5

[email protected] wrote:
Quote:
Agree with Bill.* Welcome to the club.* Check it out carefully when you get it back.* Mine came back with spots on the sensor (I think) and am sending it back yet again.* I asked for, and received, a pre-paid FedEx sticker for the return.
That's odd ... they don't need to be at the sensor at all, just lift of the right side body cap that holds the command dial, mode dial and shutter.
belgian pie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2006, 7:34 AM   #6

That's what I thought too. Don't know how they could have messed it up, but after four weeks in the shop and several calls I finally got it back with the spots gone.
Wolverine@MSU is offline   Reply With Quote