Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Funny Fotos

Old Nov 20, 2010, 5:03 AM   #21

Hi Robert

Thanks for the post of the full size version. Very glad that your wife isn't the jealous type and as she took this photo, it seems also has a good sense of humour.

I don't know what exactly a 'zippo girl' does or is... it appears walking around in lingerie and posing well for photos? I know the 'pit lane girls' at motorcycle GPs though! My knowledge of a zippo is that it's a type of lighter (classic style) - so is that to promote / advertise zippos at Harley Davidson events?

Apart from the obvious you're a good looking guy yourself - well she's ALMOST perfect (only shame she's missing a right hand index finger-nail!) :-) You've even got complementary sunglasses and the complementary mobiles strapped to the um... 'belts'?!

I used to ride road bikes quite a few years back. All the best. Cheers again.

Paul
pj1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2010, 8:16 AM   #22

I don't know what the job requirements are either. Perhaps she lights peoples' cigars for them, or demonstrates the famous Zippo wind resistance by trying to blow out a lit lighter. I suppose, in that case, a good set of lungs would be necessary. Maybe she surprises people by jumping out of the enormous lighter in the background.(you did notice that didn't you?)
Robert may have to jump in here and rescue me, as I am out of ideas.(well, not completely, but all I can write down)

brian
VTphotog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2010, 7:54 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by pj1974 View Post
Hi Robert

Thanks for the post of the full size version. Very glad that your wife isn't the jealous type and as she took this photo, it seems also has a good sense of humour.

I don't know what exactly a 'zippo girl' does or is... it appears walking around in lingerie and posing well for photos? I know the 'pit lane girls' at motorcycle GPs though! My knowledge of a zippo is that it's a type of lighter (classic style) - so is that to promote / advertise zippos at Harley Davidson events?

Apart from the obvious you're a good looking guy yourself - well she's ALMOST perfect (only shame she's missing a right hand index finger-nail!) :-) You've even got complementary sunglasses and the complementary mobiles strapped to the um... 'belts'?!

I used to ride road bikes quite a few years back. All the best. Cheers again.

Paul
Hi Paul, I think you hit the nail on the head. The booth is set up to advertise Zippo lighters, they also sell them, and clean yours while you wait. The function of the Zippo girl? Nobody seemed to care, as she posed with everybody (which helped draw customers, I'm sure).

My Flickr
-Robert-

Hawgwild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2010, 8:15 PM   #24

Hey Hawgwild: After looking at the full size pic for only about 10 or 12 times, I finally noticed that you may have been posing in front of the old Zippo-mobile car. Did you get a shot of that too? (Preferably one with the zippo girl posing.)
Steven R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2010, 8:47 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTphotog View Post
I don't know what the job requirements are either. Perhaps she lights peoples' cigars for them, or demonstrates the famous Zippo wind resistance by trying to blow out a lit lighter. I suppose, in that case, a good set of lungs would be necessary. Maybe she surprises people by jumping out of the enormous lighter in the background.(you did notice that didn't you?)
Robert may have to jump in here and rescue me, as I am out of ideas.(well, not completely, but all I can write down)

brian
Brian, my old Huey driver! Yes I did notice the great big lighter in the background, but not at the time! I didn't spot it until I was looking at these on the computer. I think her main function at the Zippo booth was to attract attention. She did that well. She was not alone. There were many booths set up all over the area featuring scantily clad girls willing to pose with you.

Here is another, they were giving out posters of some sort, and in order to get one, I had to pose with them. Some of these girls were"healthy" as I am six foot one, myself! As you can see, the photo was "doctored" a bit because my wife severely underexposed us. On purpose? I will never know...
Attached Images

My Flickr
-Robert-

Hawgwild is offline   Reply With Quote