Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Funny Fotos

Old Jun 17, 2004, 6:23 AM   #1

I didnt know if i should post this in Wildlife, Pet tricks or here, its not really a pet but here it goes..

Last night I left my garage door open for some air to get in, didnt feel like turning on the AC, wasnt that hot, yet needed air flow. Well just so happened when i went to close it i came across this (see exhibit 1). So i was like damn my neighbors dog got in that! BASTARD! Then to my surprise today as i went to go outside to check the mail I found this in my garage on my shelf (see exhibit 2 & 3) No wonder huh? Was quite fun, I hope he/she's out lol!

hope ya like the story

EXHIBIT 1:

EXHIBIT 2:

EXHIBIT 3: "Guilty as charged!"

ekimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 17, 2004, 12:30 PM   #2

Ekimes...

You "captured" the lil' "rascal" after you "invited" him to dinner!

Good one!

digcamfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 2004, 2:09 PM   #3

Looks like he's asking if it's mealtime yet..:-)
photo_mage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 2004, 3:26 PM   #4

This wildlife, all right. Those raccoons are crafty and very good at getting inside houses where they'll open cabinets, find the goodies, eat some, and make a mess with the rest. We planted corn one year that the local furry ruffians discovered. They didn't touch it until it was ready to harvest. They then went through it all, stripping down the husks, taking a bite here, a bit there, and never finishing a single one. Another time, one found a way into our attic, made a complete mess, then threw up on his way out.
bcoultry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 2004, 4:07 PM   #5

Wehave a park about a block away with a long boardwalk to observe the mangrove wetlands. Raccoons are a constant problem. I haven't found a trash can they can't get open, so I have to take the trash out the morning they pick up the trash. They are amazingly strong. I have seen them drag a full trash can around the driveway until they pop the top.

They regularly check all the tree branches for bird nests, so we don't get nesting birds. A cat had kittens outside and the raccoons killed and partially ate the kittens. One had babies in my attic and I couldn't seal it off until they left because the mother would have chewed through the roof to get at them. I was away for a month in rainy season and they ripped the roof up on my sun porch. The damage was sufficient that I had it torn down and built a new one.

They are cute but I have learned to really dislike the critters.
slipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 2004, 4:30 PM   #6

Garbage can solution here: build a sturdy box with a lid and connect it to the house. Place a cement block on top of the locked lid. Take trash to the dump ourselves, which happens to be a necessity anyway since garbage pickup doesn't occur on long, narrow, dirt roads.

They're cute, they can be funny, and they're infernal pests.
bcoultry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18, 2004, 4:53 AM   #7

little rascals thats what they are! at first i thought it was a cat till i saw its face. Now Im not really one to tease with wildlife at any kind, I turned into the biggest baby and ran inside terrified. My fiancee is like "go get him" I'm like screw that, you get him LOL! Well he got out its been 3 days now and no more torn garbage, phew!

was quite an event though
ekimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2004, 1:23 PM   #8

Thanks for the chuckle...I needed it!

Great story with corroborating pictures as evidience!
Rustysgrrl is offline   Reply With Quote