Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Funny Fotos

Old Jul 27, 2005, 9:55 PM   #1

At least his last name was appropo on the gravestone.

Humour aside - its interesting to do the math on his sister's age...she lived to be 105.

(shot in a cemetery in Cambridge, Ont.)

S.K.
Attached Images

SilentKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 29, 2005, 4:36 AM   #2

SilentKnight wrote:
Quote:
(shot in a cemetery in Cambridge, Ont.)

Poor dear. Gets to 105 years old and then this happens :shock:.

And I suppose the irony was, he was always a 'Dedman'.

In seriousness though, it's interesting to see the date next to the wifes name. Are we to assume she isn't dead yet ? If so, I wouldfind it a bit creepy to have my name on a gravestone where I could see it. Sort of like,a big reminder of the inevitable.

Stevekin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2005, 5:14 PM   #3

This is an interesting one for sure, and very thought-provoking.

When my grandfather died, my grandmother had both his and her names placed on the grave marker. None of us kids thought much about it. I guess we just figured Memaw would always be around. About 18 years later, her death date was engraved on the marker and she was laid to rest next to Pop.

Dad died two years ago. Mom had a grave marker placed on his grave with both her and his names on it. Do you think us kids (now adults) are thinking much about that? Maybe, sort of, but Mom's a trouper. She's got plenty of time left and will always be around. She will, won't she?

On a lighter note: "Dedman" made me laugh out loud. Reminds me of when Pop was in a visitation room at the funeral home. The gentleman in the casketin the room next to Pop had the coolest dead-guy name of the week: Mr. Stiff. And I'm not kidding!

Mel

P.S. -- Pop & Memaw is a Southern thang

Melanie32424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2005, 6:35 PM   #4

Stevekin wrote:
Quote:
¬*
In seriousness though, it's interesting to see the date next to the wifes name. Are we to assume she isn't dead yet ?¬* If so, I would¬*find it a bit creepy to have my name on a gravestone where I could see it. Sort of like,¬*a big reminder of ¬*the inevitable.
¬*
I've always thought the same way - its a little morbid, as though the grave is beckoning to you. But its a common practice apparently - I see it quite often in many cemeteries.

I've always told my wife that if she outlives me, I want her to have my epitaph say, "Gone to see for himself" (a nod to my agnostic/atheist perspective).

S.K.
SilentKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2005, 7:32 PM   #5

SilentKnight wrote:
Quote:
I want her to have my epitaph say, "Gone to see for himself"
:lol:That is one I wish I had thought of myself, but I may still use................... when the time comes .

Stevekin.
Stevekin is offline   Reply With Quote