Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > GE Imaging

Old Nov 9, 2007, 9:07 AM   #11

To be fair, Toshiba already does a great job at damaging their reputation without that digital camera experiment.
leaftye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2007, 4:21 AM   #12

"To be fair, Toshiba already does a great job at damaging their reputation without that digital camera experiment."

Yeah, the hard drive on my HP laptop failed within a month after the warranty had expired. When I pulled the hard drive to replace it, I found that it was a Toshiba unit. Toshiba got me on that one since I won't knowingly buy anything with the Toshiba name on it. Enjoy it, POShiba. It won't happen again.
lucky2505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2007, 3:34 PM   #13

lucky2505 wrote:
Quote:
"To be fair, Toshiba already does a great job at damaging their reputation without that digital camera experiment."

Yeah, the hard drive on my HP laptop failed within a month after the warranty had expired. When I pulled the hard drive to replace it, I found that it was a Toshiba unit. Toshiba got me on that one since I won't knowingly buy anything with the Toshiba name on it. Enjoy it, POShiba. It won't happen again.
I was thinking of the incident when Toshiba sold special milling machines to the Soviet Navy so they could make better, quieter screws for their submarines.

I think the US Navy has yet to buy anything with the Toshiba brand on it.
TCav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24, 2007, 5:29 AM   #14

Oh well, it's not exactly a promising start that GE's offerings are so weak against the competition. With this beginning they can work up towards one day aspiring to ankle bite HP's market share.
Tenshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2008, 12:17 AM   #15

ahha, maybe their cameras will perform automatic cool/warm IMO's! PRE-PROGRAMED EVEN!!
Get it?, GE, General Electric, making Fridges & Stoves?, cold, hot, cool warm?, ok, i'll shut up now.
Exilmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2009, 2:50 AM   #16

I wouldn't even call it General Electric. I believe consumer goods sold with the GE logo are marketed by the same company Thomson Consumer Electronics, whol also holds license to sell consumer electronics under the RCA brand.

itsme000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 2009, 3:54 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsme000 View Post
I wouldn't even call it General Electric. I believe consumer goods sold with the GE logo are marketed by the same company Thomson Consumer Electronics, whol also holds license to sell consumer electronics under the RCA brand.

General Imaging has nothing to do with Thomson they are a completely separate company that acquired the rights to use the GE name on digital cameras. Thomson got the rights to use the GE name on it's consumer electronics when it bought the RCA division from GE.
thmitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26, 2009, 11:40 AM   #18

We need to stop posting here, so this thread and this forum will die quietly, and Steve, et al., will delete it.
TCav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2009, 11:15 AM   #19

Quote:
I was thinking of the incident when Toshiba sold special milling machines to the Soviet Navy so they could make better, quieter screws for their submarines.
What is more infuriating, is that the anti-cavitation technology was an American breakthrough, and a lobbyist for Toshiba in the early 1980s, persuaded the US government to license it to them, promising that the technology would not be shared.

They promptly broke that promise, causing irreparable harm to American security. The consortium in which Toshiba is a partner later handed a large "honorarium" to the American official who approved the transfer.

Quote:
I think the US Navy has yet to buy anything with the Toshiba brand on it.
No American should. Excuse my fury.
The Barbarian is offline   Reply With Quote