||LinkBack||Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Apr 24, 2006, 5:58 PM||#1|
Join Date: Apr 2006
I'm a student studying in Canada.
I'm interested in buying the Panasonic AGDVX 100B digital camcorder.
The pricing of the camera seems to
be much lower (see above link) in the United States.
As I've never bought in the United
States before, I have many questions:
1) The relative advantages/disadvantages of an in-person
cross-border visit versus buying online?
2) Some retailers in NY (Manhattan, but especially Brooklyn)
appear to be significantly cheaper than others. Are there some retailers you
would recommend I check out during
my short visit, and others that I definitely avoid?
3) 42nd Street Photo has a particularly low price
on this camera. I'm hoping that it is not an ex-con named Bubba who is the
supplier….Any thoughts (not on Bubba, but on the actual retailer)?
4) Same question and criteria for ONLINE shopping in the
5) Some online retailers seem to charge a fee to ship to
Canada, and others seem to forego this fee. Is this legitimate?
6) If I carry it across the border myself, must I pay duties?
I suspect it depends on the amount of time I am in the United States?
7) Concerning shipping companies, would you recommend UPS,
USPS, or otherwise?
8) Do you have any other suggestions?
Thank you very much in advance.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|