Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums >

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Aug 19, 2005, 1:24 PM   #11

Also, B&H attends some events that are related to their products. I was at the Galveston Feather Fest 2005 (a birding event) back in April. I was really surprised to see B&H represented at the event with a booth. I had a very nice chat with the Rep. Wish he could have brought a much more generous sampling of what B&H sells but that would have taken up the whole room if he did so.

Enjoy life!
Steven
Gospel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2005, 2:35 PM   #12

steve wrote:
Quote:
Tom Overton wrote:
Quote:
I agree. The experience of shopping B&H in person is not one to be missed. It's nothing short of amazing!

Tom, on Point Pelee, Canada
http://tomoverton.myphotoalbum.com

Yeah, just don't go there to window shop-- if you're at the counter you better be ready to buy or they're on to the next customer ASAP...
Too true. It's a little intense. But still it's far better than waiting for"sales help"who don't know an f-stop from a bus stop. They know what they have and don't waste your time.

Tom, on Point Pelee, Canada
http://tomoverton.myphotoalbum.com
Tom Overton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2005, 10:37 PM   #13

henryp wrote:
Quote:
Thanks to all here for your kind words. For the record -- it's a FULL block from 33rd to 34th Sts on 9th Ave.

-- Henry

DBB wrote
Quote:
This is not a "storefront," they occupy a quarter of a New York City Block - It's electronic heaven...
Yeah, I too bought stuff from B&H, its one of those shops where you can order with peace. By the way what is a Full block? Are all blocks the same size? How many SFT does the shop occupy?

swastikam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2005, 9:42 AM   #14
DBB

swastikam wrote:
Quote:
henryp wrote:
Quote:
Thanks to all here for your kind words. For the record -- it's a FULL block from 33rd to 34th Sts on 9th Ave.

-- Henry

DBB wrote
Quote:
This is not a "storefront," they occupy a quarter of a New York City Block - It's electronic heaven...
Yeah, I too bought stuff from B&H, its one of those shops where you can order with peace. By the way what is a Full block? Are all blocks the same size? How many SFT does the shop occupy?

Heh, He, Henry is right and wrong. NYC Blocks are rectangular - the short side being about 300 feet long, the long side, more like a thousand. So B&H occupies the whole SHORT side of the block - but extends into the long side about another 300 feet - Rough approximations.

So B&H "Occupies" about a quarter of a City Block. This is a HUGE space. Saying a "Quarter" is not saying this store is small...:lol:

And while you can't "window shop" at the counter, you can window shop over the entire store - and some photographwers have given up actually taking pictures and now spend their lives in B&H looking at equipment...

Dave
DBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2005, 12:34 AM   #15

DBB wrote:
Quote:
...and some photographwers have given up actually taking pictures and now spend their lives in B&H looking at equipment...

Dave
Dave that is real funny, but it does underline what B&H has to offer to photographers, he he he he:G. Keep them coming.

Patrick.
Aumma45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2005, 8:00 PM   #16

i got my D70 from B&H. i live in a nyc suburb so it took only 2 days. i've ordered lots of other stuff from them, film, photo paper.... they always have the best prices, even with delivery. i've been afraid to actually go to the store itself, you might have to send a search party for me.
julies517 is offline   Reply With Quote