Steve's Digicams Forums

Steve's Digicams Forums (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/)
-   General Discussion (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/general-discussion-11/)
-   -   The Colors of this forum (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/general-discussion-11/colors-forum-6877/)

deebeeeff Feb 6, 2003 1:37 AM

The Colors of this forum

I am curious. Is it just me, or does everyone using the forum have the same white letters on a black background when typing in a message?
Is there a way to change the default colors of the forum?
Because right now mouse cursor turns into a black selection bar when it hovers over the black edit box, making it invisible and nearly impossible to find when I am trying to fix my sucky typing.
So I repeat my question: is there a way to change the colors?
Thanks,
Dave

MarkY Feb 6, 2003 1:22 PM

This is a great forum, but I have to say, the colors are hideous.

deebeeeff Feb 6, 2003 1:25 PM

Yeah, but you know, in the profile setup, there is a drop-down box that looks like it should offer color options, but the only option is "subSilver".
I think this is a great forum, also, but I sure would like to see where I am puting my edit cursor.

Dan29944 Feb 6, 2003 8:01 PM

Interesting. My cursor is white in the black text box. I didn't do anything special to achieve this that I'm aware of.

Hey Dave, wanna buy a RICOH RDC-5300?

Dan

deebeeeff Feb 6, 2003 8:51 PM

Dan, let's be sure we are talking about the same thing.
As I write this, there is a flashing white vertical bar (whose name I have totally forgotten) which moves along ahead of my letters as I type. That is white. However, my actual mouse cursor, which is normally white, turns black when it turns into the "I-Beam" shaped Text Select icon as it passes over the text edit box.
As I was typing this I went to the control panel to see if changing the pointer scheme for my mouse would help. It didn't make a difference.
Of course, in most text editing environments the background is white with black text, so a black Text Select I-Beam would be acceptible.
I am amazed that no one else has brought this up.
Or am I still nuts? :?

deebeeeff Feb 6, 2003 8:53 PM

Gosh, another Ricoh? Gee, how can I say this?
Nooooooooooo.
Actually, I loved my RDC 4100 and only upgraded because it has no viewfinder and the indoor flash pictures kinda sucked.
Dave :roll:

Mike_PEAT Feb 6, 2003 9:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deebeeeff
However, my actual mouse cursor, which is normally white, turns black when it turns into the "I-Beam" shaped Text Select icon as it passes over the text edit box.
As I was typing this I went to the control panel to see if changing the pointer scheme for my mouse would help. It didn't make a difference.
Of course, in most text editing environments the background is white with black text, so a black Text Select I-Beam would be acceptible.
I am amazed that no one else has brought this up.
Or am I still nuts? :?

If that was true, I would have complained about it long time ago. Maybe it has to do with a certain colour scheme you have chosen in your OS, or maybe the version of the OS you're using...some OSes might not recognise the mouse is in a black background and changes to light, instead keep the dark cursor.

deebeeeff Feb 6, 2003 10:36 PM

Windows 98SE - always kept up to date.
Using the standard windows color scheme and cursor settings.
IE 6.0 - also always kept up to date.
Logitech optical wheel mouse - maybe it's my mouse driver, although that seems a bit far-fetched; using most recent driver version.
Can't think of anything else that would be relevant.
Obviously you are right. My cursor turns black when it hovers over a white edit box, but it doesn't turn white when it hovers over a black one. Of course, this is the only back edit box I have encountered, so I don't have a lot of experience with them.
Oh well, when I wiggle the mouse I can see the I-Beam when it crosses over the white text. :?
Dave

Wilson Feb 6, 2003 10:39 PM

Cursor color

My cursor is white, also.

deebeeeff Feb 6, 2003 10:47 PM

Well, guess what?
I enabled a very short (shortest possible) mouse trail on my mouse and now I have a white cursor over the black edit box!
Very interesting.