Steve's Digicams Forums

Steve's Digicams Forums (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/)
-   General Discussion (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/general-discussion-11/)
-   -   Enter Steve's Digicams Professional Photographer Computer System Giveaway! (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/general-discussion-11/enter-steves-digicams-professional-photographer-computer-system-giveaway-195169/)

Mike-Flacy Jan 7, 2012 10:07 PM

Enter Steve's Digicams Professional Photographer Computer System Giveaway!

EDIT: Congrats to Loren W. (lorenww) for winning our giveaway!

Hi all,

To celebrate the new year and the pure insanity that is CES, we've got one heck of a giveaway for all those loyal Steve's Digicams fans out there. With the help of our partners Intel and The 3D Shop, we are very excited to give away 1 amazing computer system that is sure to kick start the career of any budding professional photographer!

Housed inside a custom red Lian Li case, the system utilizes a Intel Core i7-2600K processor, Intel DZ68BC motherboard, 16GB of RAM, two WD Caviar Black 2TB hard drives, an Intel SSD and an ASUS GeForce GTX 570 video card! Running on Windows 7 Pro 64-bit, the system comes preloaded with Cyberlink Power Director, Photo Director and Media Espresso as well as trial versions of Adobe Photoshop and Lightroom. We have been testing the giveaway system for the past few weeks and will be posting a full review after CES 2012.

http://www.steves-digicams.com/asset...x671-12753.jpg

Official Specs:

Processor: Intel Core i7-2600K
Motherboard: Intel DZ68BC
Memory: 16GB DDR3-1333 Kingston Value Ram
Graphics: ASUS GeForce GTX 570 DirectCU II
Storage: Intel 311 20GB SSD Drive for SSD Caching, 2 x 2TB WD Caviar Black 7200RPM Hard Drives
Optical: 16X LG DVD-ROM Drive w/ Lightscribe
Power Supply: 1000W Cooler Master
Chassis: Lian Li, Red
Cooling: Antec Kuhler H2O 620 water cooler
Multimedia: Vantec 3.5-inch All-in-One Reader
Keyboard: Microsoft Wireless 2000
Mouse: Microsoft ARC Mouse

Required method of entry:

Post a single reply in this forum thread. We would love to hear what you would be using the new computer for and how it will change the way you manage / edit your photos.

Extra Entries: (after you leave a post in this thread)

If you'd like to earn extra entries into the giveaway, you can earn two extra entries by:

Giveaway / Prize Details:

One lucky winner will receive the GraVT computer system which includes the computer tower, Microsoft keyboard and Microsoft mouse. (No monitor included.) MSRP for the prize package is $2700. The giveaway runs from Sunday, January 8, 2012 to Monday January 23, 2012. The winner will be notified / announced on Tuesday, January 24, 2012 and must respond within 72 hours of notification. The prize will be shipped within a week of notification. For the complete official rules, see the giveaway page here: LINK

Good luck to everyone! :)

EDIT: Congrats to Loren W. (lorenww) for winning our giveaway!

rhyno2000 Jan 7, 2012 10:48 PM

I'd use this beast to replace my aging Dell. Having the SSD alone will mean a huge speed leap. The Core i7-2600K will crank through any Photoshop filter & render HD video in a flash. And the 2TB drives (I'd mirror them) mean reliable photo storage.

Thanks for the chance!

VTphotog Jan 7, 2012 10:51 PM

Would have ignored this, but since it already has VT in big letters----
I certainly could use a replacement for my old Dell with P4 processor and whopping 1GB ram.

brian

shoturtle Jan 7, 2012 10:53 PM

A pretty nice system

eJud Jan 7, 2012 10:58 PM

I want one.

:)

Jud

eJud Jan 7, 2012 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike-Flacy (Post 1276945)
To celebrate the new year and the pure insanity that is CES, we've got one heck of a giveaway for all those loyal Steve's Digicams fans out there....

...and the announcement date is close enough to my birthday that if you ship it quickly, it could arrive on time... just sayin'...

:grin:

Jud

Marn Jan 7, 2012 11:15 PM

Wow i would love to have a new computer .. it has been over 3 yrs now since i have updated and i always got my hubbys hand me downs .. :( allthough they work good for what im doing .. nothing beats getting a new one .. :)
I have a Olympus E-1 that i love taking pics with and working in Raw ..

Thanks
Marion C
Oregon

jsherm25 Jan 7, 2012 11:40 PM

great computer

This computer would totally help me start up a new photography company me and my friend are working out. The speed and amazing capability would truly be an asset to our new company.

inkblotreject Jan 8, 2012 1:19 AM

a working computer

Would love to win this. I actually stopped having a working computer maybe June of last year, and I've been using my android phone for everything since then. I'm just learning how to use a dslr though and I admit I'm pretty hooked. Even if I don't win, I'm definitely going to I'm planning to get lightroom, and of course a new hdd eventually. :)

jodee Jan 8, 2012 1:21 AM

Awesome Prize

Would love to win this computer! I've tweeted, followed, liked, and reshared.

:)

Outhouse Jan 8, 2012 2:03 AM

Simply wow! I could do accounting in 3D!

amcam Jan 8, 2012 2:48 AM

I need it. My old PC doesn't match my new camera ... and red is my fav color.

flytyinfreak Jan 8, 2012 2:57 AM

Being anaspiring outdoor fly fishing photographer this would really healp me with my pictures and videos, It would be epic!

paniolo Jan 8, 2012 2:59 AM

This would replace my old XP system and get me up to speed! :)

Mrderek Jan 8, 2012 3:04 AM

I would use this computer to stitch up my time lapse photos into a video! They've been sitting around for far too long because my laptop couldn't handle them.

lisalonewolf Jan 8, 2012 3:51 AM

I would love to 'upgrade' my computer too...won't be doing that for, well, when this one dies...

McQuadrhe Jan 8, 2012 5:23 AM

I'd love to have this system, and would use it to work on a line of cards from photographs, as well as using it for videos.

quinton Jan 8, 2012 5:58 AM

contest

I would love to upgrade so Photoshop wouldnt take 5 min. to complete a command.

Wes James Jan 8, 2012 5:58 AM

Wow- what a beautiful rig... it would sure be a better computer for me than my old, tired and loaded-up Dell- though I'd better talk nice about it... it might hear me! *s*
Wes

Myrick Brownpuppy Jan 8, 2012 7:34 AM

This would be amazing!!

I would love to have this system to take my photography up to the next level. I am trying to start a business and this would be an amazing way to get it going. What a cool prize!!!

iowa_jim Jan 8, 2012 7:35 AM

w00t!

hnikesch Jan 8, 2012 7:38 AM

This is something I could really use, enter me

Thanks

Hans

spacer Jan 8, 2012 8:00 AM

It would replace my old system, and maybe even persuade me to do some work in RAW.
...maybe even a bit of video editing. I have lots of scenes running through my mind, and a faster computer would be handy in getting them on-screen.
I left a career in trucking safety when my daughter was born prematurely, so now that she's in school, I'm ready to concentrate on a new
career. I've always enjoyed working in media, since I was a kid I was a doodlebug, and I'm thinking about getting more into graphics design and drafting in addition to my photographic hobby.

benkush86 Jan 8, 2012 8:06 AM

I'd love to win this companion mate, I earn a living in video and photo editing, I recently started venturing into 3d and 4d animation. My graphics adapter is letting me down big time. I'd appreciate the reward.

Thunder Jan 8, 2012 8:25 AM

Ssssswwwweeeeeet system!!!!!!

jefInAnacortes Jan 8, 2012 8:29 AM

Would be a dream come true

It would replace my aging compaq :(, xp pro windows desktop. Thanks for the offer and here's hoping.

shl0791 Jan 8, 2012 8:31 AM

I'd love to use this system to work on my hidef videos... that I haven't had the chance to work on, since my pc is so old, and slow. LOL!

K5Maddog Jan 8, 2012 8:36 AM

Maybe I should start shooting and processing RAW, if I could harness this kind of power.

rrichphoto9 Jan 8, 2012 8:49 AM

Computer system giveaway

This monster machine would help me conquer the world(lol)....trying to do that with a lap topseems to be taking a little longer then I thought it would....runnning LR and PS and so much music at the same time,a hugh boost in power and storage would be awesome....now just waiting on the results of the contest

JCapelle Jan 8, 2012 9:53 AM

Going back to a PC

I would replace a MAC my wife surprised me with to replace a dead PC. I worked my photos best on a PC and hated learning a new system after many years of knowing a PC, even build one from the empty case/frame up.

Craigj72 Jan 8, 2012 10:04 AM

I am working on a computer that only has 520Mb of RAM, so any major editing or loading task takes minutes to grind through. This system makes it look like a tip calculator. I wouldn't know what to do with myself if things were to happen as soon as I clicked on them. :)

wigglymama Jan 8, 2012 10:36 AM

Oh my....I would LOVE to have this computer! I have a great Canon DSLR camera (thanks to the reviews at Steve's Digicams!) and want to get my photography business up and running successfully. I have done a little portrait work but don't have a machine that is powerful enough to accomplish big tasks (Photoshop takes FOREVER to load, and I have to wait 20-30 seconds or longer for every selection I make to take effect). I want to get into HD video editing at some point too. Winning this new computer would allow me to do just that and much more I bet! My 10 year old Gateway computer is on it's last leg...seriously...I've been getting the black screen message "there is something wrong with your hard drive" for a while now. I've backed up my files, but I don't know how much longer the old thing will last :(

mjollie Jan 8, 2012 11:28 AM

Excellent system! You can never have to much power or speed, especially for digital photography.

ken 1950 Jan 8, 2012 11:38 AM

Wow... My PC is getting some age on it and this new one would really help with my Photoshop editing.

Ripley44224 Jan 8, 2012 12:11 PM

My e-machine is gasping for air. Would love a zippy new ride!

Coydog Jan 8, 2012 12:13 PM

How awesome it is that you are possibly changing someone's life with this prize! i live near Sedona, AZ, one of the most beautiful places on God's Earth and with this system I can put together and publish an amazing book of pictures of Sedona. A legacy I can leave for all to enjoy! Thanks for the opportunity to dream! Success in the New Year, Dave

edit: Liked and Shared and retweeted!

Ben Miller Jan 8, 2012 12:40 PM

I'll take it!

Nothing like a new computer to kick off the new year.

roudesign Jan 8, 2012 3:17 PM

I want it ! Who does not ?

Well, now the existing gear talk :rolleyes:: As today I'm covering my digital darkroom needs with a convertible/tablet notebook, equipped with a totally dead battery, and the screen is slowly dying on me. Not complaining, just a fact...we live in a disposable world...
Unfortunately my old great machine is irreplaceable/out of production by few years :mad:, so I have on my" to do list" to build an upgrade-able monster digital darkroom tower PC to have for the years to come, and to use a with a "W" plugged in separate "interactive pen display"/slate, (I can not even call it tablet this days, the meaning of the word shifted from the original meaning).
And here I am, day dreaming, with my eyes sparkling/looking at the my dimmed screen, showing THE :cool2: red rectangular prism housing my future virtual next digital darkroom, sitting close to my 7 external HDD ( Yep, I'm a backup paranoid guy , who shot RAW all the time, so 7 physical separate drives is justifiable...in my mind...:D).
Honestly I opened an account on your forum, triggered by the possibility of winning this sweet machine you guys will give away to a very lucky one. And this is coming from a guy who for years visited this site articles & reviews to select and buy the light capturing devices :camera: ...always visitor, never participant...:homer:
Now I'm here and I have no plans to be just one time "giveaway visitor". I will try to participate and share my opinions from now on this very forum.
Good luck to everyone ! and to myself !

Old Dog Jan 8, 2012 5:50 PM

Wow that's a fine P.C. Somebody is going to be happy. (I hope it's me.) But seriously, this is a great give-a-way. I can just see some lucky person loading up the upcoming Photoshop CS6, setting up dual monitors and producing some killer pics. Good luck to all. :)

kimmyshimmy1 Jan 8, 2012 6:12 PM

new computer

my hard working son's computer just crashed this morning due to a virus. This would be nice to win for him and he will make sure next time to get a better antivirus.