Steve's Digicams Forums

Steve's Digicams Forums (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/)
-   General Discussion (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/general-discussion-11/)
-   -   Feedback please (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/general-discussion-11/feedback-please-18672/)

PrmseKpr Jan 6, 2004 7:43 AM

Feedback please

I'm setting up a site to sell my pictures from and I am having a logo developed. I would appreciate some feedback on the prospective logos:

Logo Set #1

Logo Set #2

Logo Set #3

Logo Set #4

Also, the tag line I am using is "Life as I see it." but someone mentioned to me that they thought this tag line was being used by a current advertising campaign, but they couldn't remember what the product was. Does anyone know anything about that?

Thank you :)

gibsonpd3620 Jan 6, 2004 10:33 AM

I like set # 4

checklg Jan 6, 2004 11:20 AM

I like set 4, number 2.

PrmseKpr Jan 6, 2004 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gibsonpd3620
I like set # 4

Ok, set #4, but which one specifically? :)

gibsonpd3620 Jan 6, 2004 11:28 AM

Set 4 logo 2

Phil

PrmseKpr Jan 6, 2004 11:31 AM

Ok, I guess I didn't say this originally, but if people can give their opinions with their responses, it would help me make a decision...

I like ...... because ......

gibsonpd3620 Jan 6, 2004 11:35 AM

It is what catches your eye that make look at set 4 to start with. It is clean and with enough color contrast to hold my attention.

Zal Jan 6, 2004 12:52 PM

I like the last one on set 3. I like your tagline, especially if you are only going to be selling your own work. However, if you are planning to do freelance or product type work for others or a company, that tagline might not be the best--you'll be required to shoot life how your client wants it, not how you see it. :-)

PrmseKpr Jan 6, 2004 1:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zal
I like the last one on set 3. I like your tagline, especially if you are only going to be selling your own work. However, if you are planning to do freelance or product type work for others or a company, that tagline might not be the best--you'll be required to shoot life how your client wants it, not how you see it. :-)

Thank you, and that is so very true!

"Life as others see it." LOL!

Speaking of tag lines, which looks better:

Life as I see it.
life as I see it.
Life as I see it
life as I see it

I have been told that "Life as I see it" really isn't a sentence so therefore does not need a period at the end.

Opinions please.

informativetoo Jan 6, 2004 1:29 PM

Hmmm, I think I like set #2 . Trying to figure which I like better in that set: #1 or #2.

My reasons for #2, I think I like the square (or is it a viewfinder?) :) around the eye.
The eye being something I really like, too.
I take it you have blue eyes, or just prefer the color? :D
I think I prefer the letter i over the word eye, though and I like the period included, as well.

My reasons for #1, the eye is simpler (nothing around it).

Much will depend on your webpage layout and how those logos fit within them.

Much luck to you PrmseKpr!