Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums >

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Sep 26, 2018, 11:05 AM   #1

Default How to create PDF Price list which can be sent to clients?

Hi!
I would like to create an artistic looking PDF price list which I can send to new prospects. I would include samples of my wedding photography, information and send it via an email.
Question: How to do you create PDF Price list which can be sent to clients?
Thanks so much!
Old Sep 26, 2018, 12:06 PM   #2

If you have an office suite, such as MS Office, or Libre Office (open source), you generally create the document with it, and convert it to PDF format with another program. (I think this may be built in to Libre Office, but I don't use it very much, so am not sure)

There are quite a few PDF reader/writer/converter programs available. I have heard good things about NovaPDF lite, but again, haven't used it myself. A page with nearly anything you could want is here: https://www.majorgeeks.com/mg/sortname/pdf_tools.html
MG tests all the s/w downloads for anything malicious, so you can d/l with confidence.
brian
VTphotog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26, 2018, 3:58 PM   #3

Later versions of MS Office can create PDFs too, with the Save As... command.
TCav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26, 2018, 5:18 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami photographer View Post
Hi!
I would like to create an artistic looking PDF price list which I can send to new prospects. I would include samples of my wedding photography, information and send it via an email.
Question: How to do you create PDF Price list which can be sent to clients? Thanks so much!
G'day mate
I use Open Office [a free download] and it includes a module not within MS Office - module called 'Draw' - from which I [you] can create multi-page documents with 'heaps' of images inserted within - and once completed one simply clicks 'export as PDF' and out it comes ... with your choice of 1200-600-300DPI resolutions

Open Office has the usual MS modules of [equivalent to] word - excel -powerpoint - and a smaller version of access ... but I find the Draw module exceptionally useful for many artistic things way beyond a simple slide-show. It's well worth trying out if you have not already seen it in use elsewhere

Hope this helps, Phil
Ozzie_Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2018, 11:26 AM   #5

I have used Open Office in the past, but there was a period of time when it was not supported, and I switched to Libre Office, which was a further development of Open, and had continued support. It appears both programs are now supported and are almost identical. I took a look again and found I do have menu items for exporting as PDF, and also emailing as PDF if one doesn't want to have the extra version hanging around.

Still haven't found anything with the ease of use of the Perfect software I had on my old DOS machine, though.

brian
VTphotog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2018, 4:52 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami photographer View Post
Hi!
Question: How to do you create PDF Price list which can be sent to clients? Thanks so much!
G'day MP

I would suggest several things here ... but it boils down to "do you have someone handy who knows how to do some of the 'extra' things that an Office-style software package can accomplish?"

Most people I deal with who say that they are 'computer literate and can do practically anything' can at best open / close / cut & paste but have issues with stuff beyond this

As mentioned above, I exclusively use Open Office software and all my training manuals & business reports - often 100+ pages - are all done this way, and all are full of images & diagrams > so it's not too hard

I'll email to your website a sample document and if you wish to persue, am happy to chat further off-line

Hope this helps
Phil
Ozzie_Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote