Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums >

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Mar 20, 2019, 4:20 PM   #11

I've been shooting full frame for about five years, I can't go back to APS-C.

I moved over to Sony full frame mirrorless and never looked back. I got tired of slugging around a huge Canon full frame.

I have the Sony A7S which is a low light slayer and really good for small video jobs.
terry@softreq.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2019, 9:28 PM   #12

Yeah Terry

It's a really nice system. I've never owned a FF mirrorless system but I have used one a few occasions.

Going back to APC-C has its disadvantages unless you're strictly a wildlife shooter.

The smallness is why I like APS-C gear (a6000). Some of the FE lens's I've used are just as big as Sony's old FF A-mount lenses. They are lighter though. Makes me wonder if they're using a some type of plastic and less glass in the newer lenses.

Like you said, its so much easier to carry around light gear rather than the older heavy stuff.

I can honestly say that I am always happier with the results I get with my older heavy FF gear. Some of that is probably being more familiar with the system.

Sometimes I have difficulty trying to decide before I leave on a trip if this is a photo trip, if yes bring heavy gear. Or, is this an outing where another reason is more important then photography.

Then, there's those many in-between occasions.

It's nice to have a big and small system, but that does introduce another problem. Which one to bring?
lomitamike is offline   Reply With Quote