Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums >

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jan 28, 2010, 6:06 AM   #1
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 51
Default Need help w photography terms and specs

Hi. I have a new Canon Ixus 120IS. I'm a bit disappointed with it because it's so slow in taking pictures. When I click the shutter it takes awhile and after taking the picture there is still a lag before I can take another picture.

In the future, I would like to avoid making the same mistake so my question is how do you call this spec of the camera so that when I look the description of cams or reviews I will know that it's a slow one.

My camera is basically a family camera and used more in taking pics of my baby. So, most times I need the shutter to respond quickly because the baby cannot pose for me. I'm considering a camera that is most likely not an ultra compact because I noticed that this kind of camera seem to respond more slow that a bigger one. I don't want the professional kind because I'm sure most often than not, I will be using the automatic button. But I understand that those kinds of cameras seem to be also good in low lights so maybe somewhere in between. Are they called compact cameras?

wanderintraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 28, 2010, 6:10 AM   #2
Senior Member
Ordo's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: BsAs
Posts: 3,452

Shutter lag.
Ordo is offline   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 2:39 AM.