Steve's Digicams Forums

Steve's Digicams Forums (
-   General Discussion (
-   -   Spinning, Animated Pictures (

bradg Aug 8, 2006 9:08 PM

Hey guys, it's been a long time since I've been on here, but you guys are the most likely people to know the answer to this.

A long time ago, I came across a link to some kind of movie, it could have been a gif. Basically, it was a guy holding a picture frame, and inside that was a picture of him holding the picture frame with a picture of him holding the frame, and so on. But it spiraled, zooming in on the picture frame. It was never ending.

I am looking for a link, or any information you guys can give, the name of this phenomenon would also be appreciated.

I have it bookmarked, but I have tried to find it, and I can't find the right word to query for

Thanks allot guys!!!!

Sintares Aug 8, 2006 9:39 PM

An animation of the Droste effect.

Avi animation available from the above website.

Also see the little gif animation I made from the AVI file :G

Also see

Have a look at the one on the left.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:17 PM.