Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums >

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jul 16, 2020, 7:19 AM   #1
Dig's Avatar
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 99
Default What was it called?

Years ago when shooting film, you could get your photos developed all on one sheet. Similar to thumbnails. Anyone remember what that sheet was called?
Dig is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 16, 2020, 10:41 AM   #2
Senior Member
TCav's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Washington, DC, Metro Area, Maryland
Posts: 13,773

Contact sheet?

The developed negatives were all laid out flat on a sheet of photo paper, exposed to light, and developed. Is that what you're referring to?

See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Contact_print
  • The lens is the thing.
  • 'Full Frame' is the new 'Medium Format'.
  • "One good test is worth a thousand expert opinions." - Tex Johnston, Boeing 707 test pilot.

Last edited by TCav; Jul 16, 2020 at 10:44 AM.
TCav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16, 2020, 5:52 PM   #3
Senior Member
Ozzie_Traveller's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Australia, New South Wales central coast
Posts: 3,558

Hi Dig

+1 to TCav's reply

Has Lumix mirrorless & superzoom cameras and loves their amazing capabilities
Spends 8-9 months each year travelling Australia
Recent images at http://www.flickr.com/photos/ozzie_traveller/sets/
Ozzie_Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:15 PM.