Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Jun 2, 2003, 6:39 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti
For those with two cams ... what do you do when yo udownload the pics ... do you use software that did not come with the camera to keep things in order??? I can see it causing big problems.
Can you clear that question up?
Mike_PEAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2, 2003, 7:38 PM   #12

Can you clear that question up?[/quote]

Well i like to keep my pics in order by date and event but if i have two cams .. .when i download i have pics in two different spots on my HD and i cpould spend a lot of time playing with the files trying to order them correctly.

I suppose i could still use my Finepix software for this and just sort by date but it adds an element of extra work.
Alfisti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2, 2003, 9:36 PM   #13
lg

I only have one model of digital camera, and I use XP to assign the directory and filenames I choose. If you have Windows XP, there is a wizard that pops up when you insert a memory card into a card reader. It works great and allows you complete control over where your pictures go and how they are named.
lg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2, 2003, 10:00 PM   #14

I have win 98 but you know ... come to think of it maybe it's not so difficult.

A question for you all, if i have say fuji software then buy a canon camera ... will the fuji software still recognise the canon and let me download? Or will i need to have both software on my PC, use the camera specific software to load the shots then use the better of the two as my "viewer"?
Alfisti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2, 2003, 11:38 PM   #15

I don't bother with the software that came with the camera...most modern digital cameras act like external drives and appear in Windows Explorer as another drive letter, and I just copy files that way.

Also, I've created a directory dedicated to the camera's pictures. Dates of photos are kept track of the Windows file system (as long as the pics are unmodified). Of course you can use a program like Exifer to edit Exif info and add/change the date encoded in the photo.
Mike_PEAT is offline   Reply With Quote