Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Sep 11, 2006, 11:25 AM   #1

I know this may seem a bit wierd but I am enquiring for an elderly friend ,what he wants to do is buy a device /software so that he can turn his digital pics" he has a Nikon D 50 " into transparencies .I have found a web site that does it but so far no gadgets etc, I would be grateful for any advice even negative advice .Thanks!:?
deadshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 12, 2006, 8:26 AM   #2

There are devices that will reproduce a digital picture onto film. We used to have one that folks used to make slides for meeting presentations. Now that everyone is using PowerPoint, or a similar presentation program, these devices are not used much anymore. The one we have is a Polaroid HR6000.

Here's one on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=200023556800

but hurry if you want it. Bidding ends in 11 hrs or so.
Wolverine@MSU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2006, 3:18 PM   #3

The question I need to ask is why? At USD149 the slide printer on e-bay looks like a bargain. A more expensive option, in the short term, but possibly more viable is a digital projector. With the current DLP projectors you get very good results and you save film and processing costs. The software available allows the creation of slide shows with smooth transitions and soundtracks.

If your sold on producing slides the best option is probably sell the D50 and buy a quality film SLR there are real bargains to be had now nearly all new cameras sold are digital. http://cgi.ebay.com/Nikon-N90-F90-PR...QQcmdZViewItem
Nagasaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2006, 4:24 PM   #4

Thanks very much for the input folks I will pass your advice on to my neighbour.
deadshot is offline   Reply With Quote