Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Sep 23, 2006, 6:04 PM   #1

Good Afternoon:

Not sure which forum this should be posted in, so please excuse me if this is the wrong one.

While cleaning out her desk today, my wife found several disks from the old Kodak "disc" camera that appear to be used. Just wondering if anyone remembers them because I would like to take them to a photo place for development. The disc had 15 exposures and I am trying to remember if the numbers went down or up. Anyone have any ideas? If I remember my 35mm days correctly, it started at 24, 36, etc., and went down. Appreciate any information you might have.
tsquare is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 23, 2006, 8:34 PM   #2

Man....you're older than me! I actually had one of those when I was a kid.....lol!!
Old Sep 23, 2006, 10:08 PM   #3
Baz

And almost as old as me... haha..

I remember the Kodak disc camera. I used to sell them.

It was a flop. The tiny 11 x 8mm image size gave inferior results compared with the 35mm & 126 instamatic negatives at the time.

If you are interested, a google search for Kodak Disc camera will provide plenty of information and history of this camera.

I wonder if you could find any photo place to develop your discs these days?

Baz.

Baz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2006, 11:16 PM   #4
Administrator

I've got 5 discs in front of me that I don't think have been used. I could be mistaken though. lol

I've got 1 Konica, 1 Focal (K-Mart), 1 Kodak, and 2 Meijer (generic brand with store sticker on it).

They all show 15 in the window when I take them out of their protective sleeves. So, that's probably prints remaining.

Here is a processor in the U.S. ($9 per disc).

http://www.dwaynesphoto.com/newsite2...-126-film.html

There are a few more processors around, too (but, the others I've looked into charge more).

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2006, 11:17 AM   #5

tsquare wrote:
Quote:
Good Afternoon:

Not sure which forum this should be posted in, so please excuse me if this is the wrong one.

While cleaning out her desk today, my wife found several disks from the old Kodak "disc" camera that appear to be used. Just wondering if anyone remembers them because I would like to take them to a photo place for development. The disc had 15 exposures and I am trying to remember if the numbers went down or up. Anyone have any ideas? If I remember my 35mm days correctly, it started at 24, 36, etc., and went down. Appreciate any information you might have.
My experiance with old used film is that is doesn't develop very well. The pictures may come out but not very good. I'm talking about film I tried that was apx 10 years old.

Gozinta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2006, 5:07 PM   #6

Thanks to everyone that replied. I was in Costco today and just out of curiosity, I asked the guy in the photo section if they could develope one of the discs and he said no. He suggested maybe Ritz (we have one close by) and I had already thought about them. Pictures probably won't come out too well anyway. I was going to throw them away, but my wife wants me to try at least one disc so I guess I'll drop it off at Ritz tomorrow.

Thanks for the line, JimC.
tsquare is offline   Reply With Quote