Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Oct 14, 2006, 12:32 PM   #1

hi

now my prob is that i cliked pics and transfererd then to my pc.. and then deleted the pics from my nikon s5..
now therer are some pics which i want it to be on my nikon ,but when i copy those pics from my pc to my memory card of the nikon it gets pasted but doent appear when i want to view it on my nikon!
can u help meout!
chain_gang_member is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 15, 2006, 10:30 AM   #2

Most, if not all, digital cameras will only recognize the photos taken directly by the camera. Once deleted from the storage media you can't copy them back and still be able to see them with the camera.
Bob Nichol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2006, 11:02 AM   #3

All five of the digital cameras I have owned allow you to put pictures back on the card and view them on the LCD or EVF. I can also interchange photos between cameras and view them on the camera.

There are some caveats though.
You can't change the file name to one that is non-standard. You seem to need up to four letters followed by numbers. A filename like "Barbara" will not display. Oddly, you don't have to change the filename from other cameras as long as they are letters followed by numbers. So my Casio with filenames like CIMG4047 will display Panasonic photos with filenames like P1000938. And the Panasonic photos will display on the Casio. But neither will display a photo with a filename like "Bob&Carol".
Put the files back in the same folder the cameras store the photos in.
Some cameras require you to not strip the EXIF – others don't seem to care.

All of my cameras will display photos from my daughter's Nikon with DSCN0645 type filenames. I haven't attempted to view photos from my other cameras on her Nikon or even put Nikon photos back on the camera. But I would be surprised that they wouldn't display if the filename hadn't been altered, the EXIF not stripped and the files returned to the proper folder.

slipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2006, 12:06 PM   #4
Administrator

chain_gang_member wrote:
Quote:
hi

now my prob is that i cliked pics and transfererd then to my pc.. and then deleted the pics from my nikon s5..
now therer are some pics which i want it to be on my nikon ,but when i copy those pics from my pc to my memory card of the nikon it gets pasted but doent appear when i want to view it on my nikon!
can u help meout!

TVwriter for Windows
Windows program to convert JPEGs after processing in Paint Shop Pro, Photoshop etc. for TV slideshow display from your digital camera or on your large-screen TV. Make your slideshow from any JPEG file - camera original or edited. Yes, what many people have said was impossible can now be done with the help of TVwriter. Take individual JPEG files or even a complete folder of JPEG files and using simple drag-and-drop convert them into a slideshow you can carry around in your pocket on a Compact Flash or Smart Media card, and display on any NTSC or PAL compatible TV direct from your camera!
steve is offline   Reply With Quote