Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Oct 30, 2006, 8:13 PM   #1

Hello, All:**When I post text on the forum, no line breaks appear, even though I use the return key after each paragraph.* I see other posts with normal line breaks, so I'm stumped.***For example, I am going to hit the return key and press the space bar 5 times after the next period.**There should now be five lines between this sentence and the last, but if it is anything like it has been in the past, you won't see any difference.* Does anyone else have this problem?* (I am using a Mac and running OSX if that makes a difference.)* Thanks in advance for your help!* Ria**
RiaRia is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 2, 2006, 12:16 AM   #2

OK -** * *I guess*there aren't too many Mac users in the forums?* Darn.* Well, here are more

clues to the mystery in case anyone reads this.* I have also noticed that*when others quote my posts, a bunch of question marks are inserted that were*not in the original posts.*** * *Here is an example:*http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/view_topic.php?id=106629&forum_id=90* * *Scroll down to the post dated Nov. 1 and you will see what I mean.* This happens each time someone quotes my posts.* *It is sooooooooooo annoying!* Anyone have any ideas?* Pretty please?* Thanks!* RiaP.S.* Just had a thought - maybe it's my browser.* I use Safari 2.04.* Anyone else use Safari?
Old Nov 2, 2006, 12:19 AM   #3

BTW, I typed the previous post normally ... wonder where all the spaces came from?* This is weird.
Old Nov 2, 2006, 12:27 AM   #4

OK - just in case anyone is reading this, here is more info. I am now using Firefox - now all my text boxes above have question marks. So ... the thought has occurred to me to ask if anyone else can see them, or just me?

(That sounds a bit nuts, I know ... but I guarantee you all that I am seeing question marks after the ending punctuation in each sentence.) Below is a paset of the first post in this forum. On my screen, there is a question mark before each space, and sometimes there are two.

Hello, All:��When I post text on the forum, no line breaks appear, even though I use the return key after each paragraph.� I see other posts with normal line breaks, so I'm stumped.���For example, I am going to hit the return key and press the space bar 5 times after the next period.��There should now be five lines between this sentence and the last, but if it is anything like it has been in the past, you won't see any difference.� Does anyone else have this problem?� (I am using a Mac and running OSX if that makes a difference.)� Thanks in advance for your help!� Ria��
Old Nov 2, 2006, 7:33 AM   #5
Administrator

The WowBB Forum Software we use is optimized for Internet Explorer, and I have seen complaints about problems with Safari before.

I don't know if there is a work around or not. Perhaps some Mac users will see the thread and offer some suggestions.

I use Firefox with both Windows and Linux Operating Systems and it seems to do OK (with a few minor quirks). So, I'm surprised that it isn't working for you. I don't doubt that text you already typed with Safari doesn't look right. Switching browsers isn't going to correct all of the text entry problems that Safari had when you were posting with it.

But, new text typed with Firefox should be OK.

I also use Konquerer and Opera under Linux from time to time.

You may want to give Opera a try and see if it's any better on a Mac if Firefox isn't working well enough for you (and it should be OK). Compatiblity with Safari should be the main issue (so, just use another browser that's more compatible like Firefox or Opera).

http://www.opera.com/download/index.dml?platform=mac

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2006, 7:28 PM   #6

Firefox is* working great!* All problems are now solved.* Thanks, Jim!* Ria