Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Jun 19, 2003, 10:21 PM   #11

SOunds good, thanks for the advice.
faibs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2003, 11:35 PM   #12

I used to transfer my images with Explorer too into My Pictures to a folder named for the date the pictures were taken. Not anymore until I found a program called Cam2PC recommended right here in this board in another thread. It does exactly the same thing I was doing manually and comes up automatically when I insert the memory card into the reader. It can move or copy files if you are concerned with moving as opposed to copying.

Find it here: http://www.nabocorp.com/cam2pc/ It does more than just transfer pictures. Give it a try.

Although it works nicely with the memory card reader, it failed to recognize my Kodak DX4330 camera when connected directly to the computer. May be with the Kodak driver that makes the camera appear as a removable drive the program will work properly because the card with pictures in the card reader was identified as if it was the camera itself during the installation.
luisr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2003, 12:23 AM   #13

I heard that the Kodak Picture software was good, have you used it?
Old Jun 20, 2003, 9:35 AM   #14

I tried it when I got the camera and didn't like it. Never used it again and unistalled it shortly after. That was the EasyShare 2.something version. Other software I already had (including the one that came with the scanner) did a better job handling images.
luisr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2003, 12:05 PM   #15

I personaly use the (adobe photoshop 7.0)
I haven`t found anything that this program will not do.
kkslss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2003, 12:11 PM   #16

I find that photoshop is great but for novice users, and lazy users(like myself) i found that adobe PhotoDeluxe has great templates for everything.
Old Jun 21, 2003, 1:53 PM   #17

I use a multi format card reader and the new Adobe Photoshop Album. It's very easy to use and also sorts away the photos for easy retrieval afterwards, it also readily integrates with advanced Adobe programmes when you have acquired some manipulative photo editing/retouching skills. From what I've read and heard from fellow digital camera users, like most of you I have found the software supplied by the camera maker is usually pretty naff! :lol: :roll:
geoff.rio is offline   Reply With Quote