Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Jun 20, 2003, 7:02 AM   #11

the great thing about gitzo/manfrotto is that there are parts available for their tripods. so repairs are relatively simple barring massive destruction due to an incursion with a bus or other extremely large object that has overwelming impact loading.
sjms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2003, 9:10 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjms
the great thing about gitzo/manfrotto is that there are parts available for their tripods.
Absolutely! The other day, I decided to order a level I broke years ago on my ball head, and it took no time. You can order every single screw, washer
KCan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2003, 5:12 PM   #13

Keep in mind that weight is good. It adds stabilty, a lot of stability. That weight does not have to be in the tripod itself, a bag of rcoks or somesuch will do well so long as it doesn't swing about in the wind. So don't think that because your gear is light, you can get away with a tripod that just barely holds it.

Weight is also on of the biggies for price - light is expensive or flimsy (don't go flimsy unless you like the thought of your camera hitting the ground.)
BillDrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2003, 5:56 PM   #14

yes he is correct. i usually refer my camera bag full of junk as the added weight factor. it might as well be a bag of rocks the way it feels sometimes. at least then i know where it is at any given time.
sjms is offline   Reply With Quote