Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Dec 19, 2006, 11:08 PM   #1

I was thinking of buying this Kodak C875. Went to the shop took a picture the object was about 5ft away. Playback and zoom in. However, when I zoom in the picture was distort. There are shadows. After waiting about 30sec the picture is still the same, can't get a clear picture. Is this normal or something wrong with the camera. The picture was taken at 8mp. Am I choosing the right camera?

Does the LCD pixels affect the picture quality in viewing and shooting a picture. Does Kodak offer any firmware updates? I can't find any. What is the max capacity SD card I can use. I've contacted Kodak but no reply. Thanks.
anfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 19, 2006, 11:14 PM   #2

I'm not sure what you mean by "the picture was distort". Could you please explain further? I'm quite pleased withthe C875 I've had for 5 days, except for the poor battery life.

The LCD is not very good; however this has no bearing on the quality of the photo.
flippedgazelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2006, 12:42 AM   #3

When the picture is taken, I view the picture. Then I zoom in, the picture got shadow. Let's say there is an apple. When the picture is zoom shadows are the edge of the apple. The picture is about 5ft away.
Old Dec 20, 2006, 10:01 AM   #4

See my answer to your duplicate post here:

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...mp;forum_id=87

Russ
rfortson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2006, 1:07 PM   #5

Quote:
Sounds like you zoomed into digital zoom, which is just a gimmick (IMHO). Digital zoom is the same as zooming into a picture on your screen and once you go past 100%, you start to see the pixels of the picture, making it look bad.

You can disable digital zoom in a menu on most cameras and it's one of the first things I do with a point and shoot camera.

My family has owned several Kodak cameras and we've been pleased with the picture quality and ease of use. However, I'll say that the C643 that we bought my sister seemed pretty cheap. I'd avoid the C-series cameras and instead try on of the other lines. My wife has the V530 and the V-series seems much more solid (and I think it looks nicer).

Hope this helps.

Russ
I think Russ has hit the nail on the head with his answer. When you zoom with the C875, the zoom indicator on the LCD will indicate both the optical and the digital zoom.

The C875 is definitely a step above the other C-class cameras. While the build quality is not great, it is pretty decent imo.

flippedgazelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2006, 3:50 PM   #6

flippedgazelle wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
Sounds like you zoomed into digital zoom, which is just a gimmick (IMHO). Digital zoom is the same as zooming into a picture on your screen and once you go past 100%, you start to see the pixels of the picture, making it look bad.

You can disable digital zoom in a menu on most cameras and it's one of the first things I do with a point and shoot camera.

My family has owned several Kodak cameras and we've been pleased with the picture quality and ease of use. However, I'll say that the C643 that we bought my sister seemed pretty cheap. I'd avoid the C-series cameras and instead try on of the other lines. My wife has the V530 and the V-series seems much more solid (and I think it looks nicer).

Hope this helps.

Russ
I think Russ has hit the nail on the head with his answer. When you zoom with the C875, the zoom indicator on the LCD will indicate both the optical and the digital zoom.

The C875 is definitely a step above the other C-class cameras. While the build quality is not great, it is pretty decent imo.
Thank you!