Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Jun 25, 2003, 10:38 PM   #1

Default Problem with Finepix creating a VCD

Wondering if anyone can help me here. i am not a PC genius so i am struggling a tad.

When i try to create a VCD using Finepix (fuji software), everything seems to go well until i hit the "click to display output dialogue box" button that (i imagine) starts the writing process.

Instead of working a message appears saying "CDR drive is not present". Now, i know I have a burnber and I made a VCD using my burner software and it worked wonderfully well. i'd just like ot use Finepix becaus eit makes things look more professional.

Any ideas???
Alfisti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 25, 2003, 10:41 PM   #2

The first thing to check is whether you have the latest drivers for your CD R/W installed.
Lauren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2003, 10:47 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren
The first thing to check is whether you have the latest drivers for your CD R/W installed.
Thanks ... what is a Driver exactly and how do i check??
Old Jun 26, 2003, 12:43 AM   #4

There are no drivers per se for cdrw's like there are for other computer peripherals. Modern operating systems such as Win 98, Win 2000 and Win XP load generic virtual device drivers for them. For CD burning programs to use these devices, it must first recognize the drive as a cdrw then configure itself to use that drive. Usually if a program does not see your drive, it is because the burning program needs to be updated with info on your particualr drive. It is quite possible your Fuji program does not recognize your drive as a burner, or dumber still, you may just have to tell the program which drive to use as a burner. I would visit the Fuji website and see if there are any upgrades to that Fuji program to support your burner. It is quite possible however that Fuji just doesn't support your burner.

-Laserjock-
Laserjock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26, 2003, 1:14 AM   #5

Thanks, i checked the burner's it is compatible with and it includes my brand but i will need to check the model.

Maybe I am better served just asking the fuji geek's themselves.

I will say thi sthough .. after using my burner software to make a VCD it was one hell of a thrill and "very cool" to see photos and especially video on the TV.

makes me wonder why people are so "video is not important" when referring to digicams ... it is notthe chief consideration but by gee it adds to the atmosphere to have video too .. for free essentially.