Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Dec 27, 2006, 8:13 PM   #21

Absolute fraudulent false advertisement when they state "Place your order on or before Friday for Guaranteed Delivery by December 24th" --- & do exactly as they have done to all others alike = cancelledmyorder due to non-purchase of "other" products. I was also "hooked" & I wrote a nasty to Everyprice.com. I didn't find out about the cancellation until today (12/27) when I attempted to "track" my ORDER(?)! Thanks to this good (Steve's) website, I went on to find out they are all from "Crooklin" NY! Now I full well understand their giving them a 5 STAR RATING --- IT WAS PAID FOR! If they didn't bill me anything, I don't guess I could get in on a class action lawsuit, which is what needs to happen (with jail time)!

Merry Xmas, NEXT YEAR!
Seel4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2007, 6:55 PM   #22

I am a Digitalexpo victim!

Myself too, didnt do much research on the company, and stupidly bought a camera online after seeing one site saying it had great reviews. I too made the order online using my credit card, and got the phone call for confirmation.

They were so rude, and very persistent on me buying additional stuff for my camera which added upto $200 more than what I orignially intended! I said I would like to cancel my order, and they were saying I couldnt do that and that my order would just be on hold. After asking many times to cancel, they asked me details about my credit card - my credit limit and how much I had on my card!!!!!!!!!!!! I managed to cancel my order but wanted confirmation that they will not charge my card. All what I wanted was an email but they just hung upon me!

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!

I had to cancel my card too, where my bank advised me on taking LEGAL action against them. I have already reported this to the BBB. I know we have a case against this. If we all get together I really think we can do something!

If you are interested please email me : [email protected]. I have never been in this situation before, but I know we can do something about this.
LizRenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2007, 2:41 PM   #23

I read the reviews AFTER ordering from them and was very nervous. I confirmed, they tried to upsell, I said no thanks and they hung-up. I emailed them stating that if this camera was refurbished to let me know and cancel my order. I heard nothing but also didn't receive the camera. I called to check and they said "that order has been canceled, that camera is not in stock" and hung-up. At least they didn't charge my account.
bowman0001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2007, 7:03 PM   #24
rey

bowman0001 wrote:
Quote:
I read the reviews AFTER ordering from them and was very nervous. I confirmed, they tried to upsell, I said no thanks and they hung-up. I emailed them stating that if this camera was refurbished to let me know and cancel my order. I heard nothing but also didn't receive the camera. I called to check and they said "that order has been canceled, that camera is not in stock" and hung-up. At least they didn't charge my account.
They may not charge your account now, but they'll probably sell that info to someone. If I were you, I'd cancel my credit card.

Also be sure to contact BBB and your state's attorney general's office.

rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2007, 2:31 PM   #25

I just want to tell everyone to stay away from bestpricecameras.com they run the same scam. Its companys like them that give N.Y. a bad name. Thanks to Bh Adorama andberger-bros that run honest businesses that keep N.Y. one of the best places to buy your photo equipment. And no I don't work for any of them I just have shopped at all of them with all good experiences.
87olds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 2007, 4:04 PM   #26

So, I seem to have a redundant story about digitalexpo... especially since EVERYONE else has the same story.. but alas, I'll share mine.. as if all the other complaints haven't hopefully helped someone!!

I started researching the canon sd600... sure enough, digitalexpo.com had the best rate around, as in a good $30 cheaper than anywhere else. Like an idiot, I read the reviews and believed them, therefore trusting them enough to purchase the camera Sunday night. I didn't even notice in the email that it said to call them. I order online very frequently for all sorts of items, so all the confirmation emails begin to look the same. I woke up today (Monday) to see about the shipping time and noticed I had to call. I was on hold for about 2 minutes before the guy picked up with a rude "Yes?". It was as if I was imposing on him or something! So, he begins by telling me my camera is an excellent choice and one of the best out there, BUT in order for it to work to the best ability, I need an additional battery. He goes on to explain that the existing battery will only work for 20 minutes and then I'll need another one. I literally laughed out loud at this absurd statement and told him it was okay, that I had a backup battery already. (I'm a new owner of an SLR and a 3x owner of a compact digital camera, so I'm quite familiar with the battery life of a typical digi cam). He got quite upset when I laughed and then asked me what the model # of my battery was. I told him I was unsure, but that I knew the battery would work for this camera. He then told me I was lying!! That I didn't have an extra battery and I was lying to him. I just laughed and said - Are you going to help me or not? And he said - No, cause I know you're lying! I just hung up. And THEN didmy research and found out this whole company is a scam!!

Shaking, I called my bank to tell them I didn't want to accept any charges from this company. Apparently there was no charges pending, but I can fight it if they do charge. So now after reading these other posts, I'm on my way to my bank to cancel my bank card as this trashy company has all my info, including the 3-digit code on the back of my card! UGH......

I'm such a huge online shopper and so disappointed that I fell for this scam. I truly hope no one else has to go through all this hassle like I have!!

Thanks to everyone here for posting all of this... it's truly a help to all of us, beginners or experts!
Starz7369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8, 2007, 3:40 PM   #27

Well, who says I'm not as dumb as the next guy?

Same story on The Digital Expo...so they are still at it as of April 8, 07.

I cancelled with the pushy, rude saleman when it became obvious he was scamming me. Then they have the gall to email me and say they are "out of stock". I guess this is to cover their a$$.

Why can these folks not be put of business (I admit I was a gullible victim for snapping at a "too low" price)?

Everyprice.com should also be viewed with suspicion as they carry the ad for Digital Expo and list them as having the lowest price...also, I note there is no way to rate the store on Everyprice.com, making them appear complicit.
arrowspace90 is offline   Reply With Quote