Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Jun 27, 2003, 9:00 PM   #1

Default RICOH R-105 Video Recorder -8mm camcorder WHAT you all think

Hi..I have recently purchased a used Ricoh R-105 video recorder ; 8mm camcorder. I haven't received it yet ; in transit to me .

Here's my problem...Seems that this Ricoh R-105 camera ( doesn't exist??) :shock: :roll: I can't find anything on this Ricoh..search after search ( only ( if then I do) only about where to get replacement batteries. I have 3 batteries coming with it ..I went to these pages ; NOTHING to help..

I wanted to read some reviews on this camera...pros / cons / likes / dislikes ' etc....BUT I can not find anything ..I know this is a DIGITAL Camera forum...( but This is NOT a " new " ( digital style camcorder) .. All I know is it is 8mm format.

If anyone would be able to be willing to point me into a found page of RICOH R-105 resources reading I would be very happy ; and appreciative towards you....Thanks in advance Ed~
One_Eye_Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 27, 2003, 9:18 PM   #2

I have a Ricoh R-66 Video8 camcorder, puchased in 1991, and it's a Sony in everything but the badge. Try looking at Sony models to see if you can recognise it.

Batteries designed for Sony 8mm camcorders fit mine.

Good luck!
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2003, 5:24 PM   #3

I have a Philips still cam, but it's really a Ricoh cam. Pretty awful as a camera at most things, hope yours is better. Came across a Ricoh fan forum once on the web:

http://www.ricoh-cameras.co.uk/forum/index.html
voxmagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2003, 11:03 PM   #4

Default But this is a RICOH Camcorder 8mm...Any lead on that ??

I appreciate the help vox..Can't find anything there about this RICOH R-105 (8mm) video recorder camera. If someone could direct me to finding this camcorder I would appreciate.

It is obviously ( an older model ) but that shouldn't prevent me finding anything about it. I know this is Steve's Digi-Cams forum. I know his main page ; offers reviews on " some " newer model camcorders.

But I can't find anything on this.. I have been searching about as many " fancy " search engine things as I can ( to no avail.) :?

Could anyone direct me to the places on the net ( where I may find something ) ; going to http://www.ricoh.com has been useless.

I know this ; like I said before is a forum for us digital camera users...I am running out of trying things to locate anything on this.....

Thanks for everyone's time viewing and the posting reply answers back to me.. Ed~
Old Jun 29, 2003, 12:11 AM   #5

If you post what part of the world you're from (since you didn't fill that info in when you registered), it would help more in finding a place in the vicinity...no use finding a place in the UK if you're in the US.
Mike_PEAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 2003, 12:29 AM   #6

Default I am in the USA...I only wished to read about it not fix it.

Hi Mike...Thanks for the response . I only wanted to read about this camcorder ; location (geographically) ; where I am from to me ; didn't ( shouldn't matter).....just so I could find info to read about it.

If anything I should state I need the info to be in the English language so I could read about it ...Not interested in languages other than English...(American or Oversea's) as long it is is like this I am writing.

If I were to be asking for " help " on where to send it or take it to be serviced ; then I see your point in location...

Have a good day / night ; wherever us viewers and posters are from. Bye .... Ed~
Old Jun 29, 2003, 1:15 AM   #7

I thought you were looking for replacement batteries (read the original message too fast when it was originally posted)...my mistake.
Mike_PEAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 2003, 2:46 PM   #8

Why do we always have to do the leg work for some posters ..sigh! I gave you a link, it hosts Forums specifically for Ricoh cams (although not necesarily movie) Of course if your domain is not UK they might be curious, but posting questions is free. Presumably you did look at the site and came across this:

Support for this range of cameras should be sought here...
tel (UK) 0207 365 6580 or via www.service.ricohpmmc.com

Now again it may not be for moviecams, but you'll likely get more success there than here. VOX
voxmagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 2003, 9:15 PM   #9

Default Thanks for the trying to help....Back to the NIKON 950 ..

Thanks for all the " attempts " at offering help. In our quest to offer help here in the forums ; I believed that based on other posts readings I have read here ; the help may have " voluntarily involved " ; going an extra step ; ( or leg work) as referred to..above in the post.

Thanks...I did do some other extensive checking..and it proved useless. (The camcorder ) in question " DOES NOT " require any SERVICING ( repairing / fixing) at all. So..most of the attempts to offer me links and help for that area are not necessary.

But ; thank for the offering all the same....I will try to in the future maintain more of posting ONLY in relationships to digital-still-cameras...within the forum.

If anyone else " just so happens " to know of a camcorder forum..; and if you wish to share the info with me and others then please do so.

Thanks....Have a pleasant day / night ...from whatever part of Earth you may be from............Ed~
Old Oct 11, 2012, 8:24 PM   #10

i have a camera that is just like the one you are describing.
i have a link for some information about this camera.

http://ricohr105.blogspot.com/
DIY4FILM is offline   Reply With Quote