Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Jul 8, 2003, 1:55 AM   #11
SSD

Hi
Out of the 3 you listed, I am only familiar with the A70.
I do know a little about the P72, but not much. I know it is more of a point and shoot with only a little bit of manual control such as white balance and it has the low light focus assist.

The A70 is a good starter camera that you can grow with. It can be used as a simple point and shoot, or you can use the manual controls. This camera allows you to set the ISO or it can automatically set the ISO, whichever you prefer. It has a lot of other features that Steve covers in his review.
I hope this helps and that I didn't confuse you to much
SSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8, 2003, 3:34 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoso
Nothing at all??????
The problem with a question like this is most people may have only tried one of those cameras (if any of them at all)...they can only give you an unbalanced opinion limited to their own camera.

In my case I haven't tried any of them because I knew I wanted an UltraZoom Olympus (that I mentioned above).
Mike_PEAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8, 2003, 6:33 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSD
I hope this helps and that I didn't confuse you to much
No, it doesn't confuse me at all. I am already very familiar with all three models and, more than anything, I'm just looking for opinions from people that have used them such as yourself. The only thing that makes me shy away from the Canon is from what I've heard, they've had a lot of quality control problems with this model. Quite a few people have had to return them due to problems they've had with them. While I know you can return it and get another, I just wonder if the camera is going to crap out at an inappropriate time like, on vacation.
Thanks a lot for your input.

Mark
mkoso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8, 2003, 6:42 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_PEAT
The problem with a question like this is most people may have only tried one of those cameras (if any of them at all)...they can only give you an unbalanced opinion limited to their own camera.
Mike,

I understand that but really, any input is really appreciated. You can learn a lot of good and bad just by listening to individual users and they're albeit, biased opinions and, experiences.

Mark
mkoso is offline   Reply With Quote