Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Jul 1, 2003, 5:19 PM   #11

Quote:
I often wonder how people feels, when I'm
"brutal honest". The only thing that bothers me, is that I'm sometimes in doubt about , with what intentions people do post photos.

Well, I for one like to hear what other ppl have to say about my photos. I'm not a pro, I just like taking pics. I've had photos I put up here blasted, and ya know what, doesn't bother me. It just makes me what to get better at taking them.
macleod76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1, 2003, 5:29 PM   #12

I love the feed back I get. I would love to continue my photography and posting photos here allows for me to learn from more experienced people.

If I am shot down for the photo, I of course, look for ways of improving it by going by what those who reply to it say.

Now Klaus' site offers wonderful information in the world of Digital Photography. His photos are impressive and inspiring, and allow me to try new ways of shooting.

Now Steve's page is for reviews on the equipment people use. Not a tutorial site to learn how to use them. I love reading the reviews that Steve has done and hope to read more!

So for knocking Klaus' site on how it should not be posted I say is wrong. Alot of newbie here ask the same question, and pointing them to sites which explain how things works is a good thing. Klaus site helps in this aspect too

Think I am just rambling now... but yea just my opinon

Carry on!
Gimli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1, 2003, 9:08 PM   #13
SSD

Klaus
I always enjoy reading your posts. I have learned a lot ,and if it was not for your posts here, I would not know about your wonderful website! I signed up for the newsletter and look forward to getting them.
Thanks!
SSD
SSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 2003, 12:57 AM   #14

To be candid (as someone who has used online forums for over 20 years), I have to side with those who complained. It's like going into one store and yelling out, "SHOP AT MY STORE". If you post messages without saying it's an ad in the subject, sure you're going to get people mad at you (some newspapers have ads that look like articles, but they will always say, "Advertisement" at the top so you will know and can ignore it). Many put those messages in the same category as spam, junkmail, and telephone solicitors.

I only go as far as putting a hotlink to a site and one sentence as a signature, only in messages that talk about a particular line of cameras because I help out in a group that discusses that camera...and only in messages where I've answered the person's question about that camera.

It's no use arguing at this point or crying sour grapes.
Mike_PEAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 2003, 6:15 AM   #15

Hi,

Don't let SOME people scare you of the forum, there is 99% of the people who do care about your posts.

Greetings,
Frank
Frank Doorhof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 2003, 7:05 AM   #16

Thanks for all the positive comments. What can I say more!
Klaus DK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 2003, 8:08 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Doorhof
Don't let SOME people scare you of the forum, there is 99% of the people who do care about your posts.
I don't think anyone here wants to "scare" Klaus off...they probably just want him to cut down on the advertising he does.

Klaus:
I see though you took up my suggestion (that I mentioned in another message here) about a newsletter people can join so you can post information about updates...I was going to mention to you that maybe a Yahoo group would fit your needs, but as you've already done it I'm too late!
Mike_PEAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 2003, 9:09 AM   #18

Mike:

I found a website that runs everything for me...well I have to do some works :x , but it's pretty automatic. Nothing goes to my PC and this minimize the risk for viruses, spam and other bad things.

The problems is that I'm only allowed 500 subscribers...and I'm nearing this numbers already. After this it will cost money!!!! I rather use those on equipment

And I'm trying to run this site without any costs but time!!!

You know, I only did post those "news", because some asked me...just trying to be friendly
Old Jul 2, 2003, 5:55 PM   #19

Default Re: THIS IS MY LAST POST...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klaus DK
Due to some folks negativity against me posting website info here, I've seen the writing on the wall. NO MORE INFO-POST AT STEVES DIGICAMS!
Don't be upset my these negative people. There are always this type of people on any BBS and forum. In fact, I always post my Nikon Coolpix user guide web site and never get any complaint. Well, maybe I will get some. As long as the owner of this site, Steve, does not mind, then we as forum members have no right to impose any further restriction because we have no such right.

CK
http://www.cs.mtu.edu/~shene/DigiCam
Nikon Coolpix 950/990/995/2500/4500 user guide
shene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3, 2003, 7:56 AM   #20

Quote:
As long as the owner of this site, Steve, does not mind, then we as forum members have no right to impose any further restriction because we have no such right.
Oh, didn't actually think of that. You are so right! Maybe I should consider posting again...