Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Jul 1, 2003, 11:24 AM   #1

Default THIS IS MY LAST POST...

...but only regarding my website.

Due to some folks negativity against me posting website info here, I've seen the writing on the wall. NO MORE INFO-POST AT STEVES DIGICAMS!

If you are one of the persons, who actually likes my website, you can now subscribe to a newsletter at my frontpage. I will e-mail you a short message with the info on new issues a couple of times each month. Costs nothing, no personal info requested - just e-mail address, no comercials, no pain, no nothing ! Just a chance to (maybe) learn something or see some photos once in a while.

Thanks to all visitors so far!
Klaus DK is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 1, 2003, 11:38 AM   #2

Deleted
Elrascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1, 2003, 1:06 PM   #3

I'll throw in that I'm happy you'll still visit and post about other things (I didn't mind the web site updates, I'm just glad you're not leaving!) I have only scratched the surface of your web site and find it very helpful. I also appreciate the knowledge you bring to the forum in the form of your posts.

Eric
eric s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1, 2003, 1:14 PM   #4

Quote:
Due to some folks negativity against me posting website info here, I've seen the writing on the wall. NO MORE INFO-POST AT STEVES DIGICAMS
I don't understand what you mean, I haven't seen anything derogatory about you??????????
steve6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1, 2003, 2:14 PM   #5

I havent seen any negativity directed to him either, guess people are doing in the form of private messages.

I'll sign up for that newsletter, well I visit your site quite frequently actually
Gimli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1, 2003, 2:56 PM   #6

Steve and Gimli.

You're right Gimli - I got a couple of e-mails (no priv.messages). I guess they wouldn't go public with it. I won't mention any names, no reason to start a discussion. I do see that it's wrong using another mans (steve) website for "advertising". Allthough I never looked at it that way posting.

I don't mind - I made that website just for the fun of it, all though it's growing rather much. I have fun with it.

Regards
klaus
Old Jul 1, 2003, 3:34 PM   #7

Hiya Klaus

I'm with the others on here on this one.

You have contibuted so much to these forums including some often frank almost brutal honesty in your assesments of peoples photos BUT always with best intentions to help others to improve.

I really don't understand, even if you do accept it, the difference between your mentioning of your site and the links many of us use in our sigs to online sites where our pics can be viewed by others.

Some peoples attitudes puzzle me - I often wonder about the state of mankind :

Have just signed up for your site.

Please keep up the good work on your site and on posts here.

Many thanks from someone who is grateful and appreciates all the time you put in for others

Good luck with the site and with life generally

Stef
stefank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1, 2003, 4:20 PM   #8

Thanks Stef.

Quote:
including some often frank almost brutal honesty in your assesments of peoples photos BUT always with best intentions to help others to improve
Funny you mention that. I often wonder how people feels, when I'm
"brutal honest". The only thing that bothers me, is that I'm sometimes in doubt about , with what intentions people do post photos. Is it to get help or to show the cat or dog, if you know what I mean. If someone just want to share his dog, well then my critique will hurt of course. I think it can be difficult sometimes. But I'm sure you and the rest of the guys in the photoforums agree on that.

Thanks again.

Regards
Klaus
Old Jul 1, 2003, 4:37 PM   #9

Yr Welcome Klaus

I know what you mean and yes sometimes my initial reaction when people "criticize" might be "hurt" hey it's only human, but then you move on to the next stage of emotion and accept you are not and not expected to be perfect. Then you are in a position to accept and evaluate the feedback and , if it is useful, learn from it.

If you are not open to feedback then hey don't post

Stefan
stefank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1, 2003, 4:52 PM   #10

Klaus,
I'm new to these forums, and new to digital photography, (my wife has agreed to get a digicam, but we are discussing what we want). I go to a number of forums on different topics. There are always a few names that I look for in each topic. You are on my "list". I look forward to your postings and have enjoyed your site. Keep up the good work and don't let the naysayers bother you.

Ron
surfnron is offline   Reply With Quote