Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Jan 14, 2007, 10:49 PM   #1

I was hoping anyone with experience shooting maternity would share tips they may have. I have a friend and cousin who are both due in March and I volunteered to take some photos of them. I've been studying many photo sites with maternity photos to get some ideas. I plan to take pics of them individually, with their spouse and with their other child.

Thanks in advance.

A

afayec is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 15, 2007, 11:14 AM   #2

What kind or equipment do you plan to use?
slipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2007, 12:20 PM   #3

I have a friend and a cousin who volunteered to be guinea pigs :lol:. I'll be taking the photos in a spare room I'm turning into a studio. I have 3 backgrounds - white, black and brown. I have a nikon d70s and will be using homemade hotlights. I have one convertible umbrella and 3 different lights (2 are individual and one is a floor lamp with 3 lights on it). The lights have 200 watt clear GE bulbs. I'll probably concentrate on using the black background b/c I'm having trouble figuring out how to set the lights to avoid shadows on the white background. I got pretty good results with this the other day...

Any and all input is greatly appreciated.

afayec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2007, 1:19 PM   #4

The lighting looks pretty good from that picture. I, also being an amature have a studio set up in my garage and have found out that you really have to learn the old fashion way. Trial & error.

It looks like your off to a good start.

I find that B&W with most light comming from one side to create shadowsto emphasize the curves of her belly and breast to be the most beautiful.

Have fun, try lots of different lighting arrangements and keepsome notes to rememberwhat worked and what didn't and post some results.
lomitamike is offline   Reply With Quote