Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Jul 4, 2003, 8:21 AM   #11

PlatinumWeaver, you never said where you were from...if from the States in most cases the warranty is transferable as most of the camera companies are from the States, and us Canadians have to ship various products to the States to be fixed anyways, but in some cases you may have to send a product back to Cananda if the company has a Canadian division.
Mike_PEAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4, 2003, 11:18 PM   #12

I'm Australian, but yeah.. currently in canada...

There's a futureshop quite nearby so I might go have a look at that. Or alternatively I think I found it all in Toronto in a place called Henry's?

So that's all well and good..

I hadn't thought about warranty issues.. but it's something I might have to consider.

Thanks all,

You're great!

PW.
PlatinumWeaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2003, 5:36 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatinumWeaver
There's a futureshop quite nearby so I might go have a look at that. Or alternatively I think I found it all in Toronto in a place called Henry's?
Futureshop being an electronics superstore is OK for prices but don't expect support, good advice, or even knowledge as they've just minimum wages salespeople which are moved from department to department. Also they may not have the latest products (Best Buy which is owned by FutureShop is currently advertising the Olympus C-720 while after that model there's been the 730, 740, and 750).

Henrys on the other hand has photography experts, and their only fields are photography and video. You can check them out at http://www.henrys.ca
Mike_PEAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2003, 10:46 AM   #14

futurephoto has prints for 10 cents today. dirt cheap. see www.futurephoto.com
HSKHAN is offline   Reply With Quote