Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Jul 2, 2003, 11:18 AM   #1

Default adorama.com?

Does anyone know anything about this vendor (Adoram.com) ? Are they reliable, trustworthy, ship on time etc?

Thanks for any help.

Justin
strongedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 2, 2003, 2:23 PM   #2

Default Re: adorama.com?

Quote:
Originally Posted by strongedge
Does anyone know anything about this vendor (Adoram.com) ? Are they reliable, trustworthy, ship on time etc?
Adorama @ www.adorama.com is quite reliable, trustworthy. For most items, they ship on time. Occasionally, their web site may not tell you an item is not available and on backorder. Recently, the situation seems improving because unavailable items cannot be ordered. Should also consider B&H @ www.bhphotovideo.com I rate B&H slightly higher than Adorama, though.

CK
http://www.cs.mtu.edu/~shene/DigiCam
Nikon Coolpix 950/990/995/2500/4500 user guide
shene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 2003, 2:40 PM   #3

strongedge...

You can always go here:

http://www.resellerratings.com

to check a vendor.

digcamfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 2003, 10:09 PM   #4

Their prices are good for a reputable store. They have a wonderful web interface for searching for things (like prices on lenses, or camera bodies.)

I have heard that they are a bit bad on returns. I have never used them, so I don't know that personally.

Eric
eric s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3, 2003, 8:10 AM   #5

I've never used this vendor either becasuse I've always received such good service from B&H, which also has a very good search engine, great prices, easy web site to navigate, quick shipping, great email communication. Hope this helps.
fporch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3, 2003, 9:17 AM   #6

Deleted
Elrascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3, 2003, 9:27 AM   #7

fporch

I agree about B&H over adorama. The only bad things I've heard about B&H are that they've changed shipping companies (From FedEx to UPS.) If UPS is better in your area, you like it, if FedEx is better you curse them.

But the question isn't the search engine. Try getting a list of all Nikon telephoto lenses at B&H, or all teleconverters made by Kenko. You have to deal with those small scrolling windows... really annoying. Now try the same think at adorama's site. You check boxes on the right hand side of the screen. It's amazingly easy. And you can see all the option at once, so you don't have to scroll around hoping the category you want is there.

Both have good search engines, but if you don't know exactly what you want, or you want a range of things, adorama's categories are presented so much better... its amazing B&H hasn't redesigned to something similar.

Elrascal

I agree completely. In my experience (admitidly small) is that any place which regularly has a price a lot better than B&H isn't worth it. And any full service place that I would consider has higher prices. B&H is amazing that way. Great return policy, carries everything under the sun and good prices.

Eric
eric s is offline   Reply With Quote