Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Jul 16, 2002, 4:55 PM   #1

Default KODAK or CANON Digital Cameras?

I currently have a Kodak DCS 520. I have currently seen them on Ebay going for over $2,000. I am interested in buying the new Canon EOS DC60 which is about the same price. Does anyone recommend me keeping the Kodak or Selling it and buying the Canon. Thanks.
babydilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 16, 2002, 5:48 PM   #2
Administrator

The Kodak DCS series is a lot more rugged than the D60 but if it's a choice of image quality -- game over man -- the D60 will blow the DCS520 to toast!

A lot of technology changes since the 520 was built. Just look at (and print) some of my D60 samples - it's an awesome camera for the money.

-Steve
steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16, 2002, 6:33 PM   #3

Indeed. I was at the PPA camera show yesterday and the Canon reps shwoed it to me, it was incredibly lighter than my camera. I was also impressed with the 6.3 megapixel pictures (opposed to the 2 for the 520). This is quite important to me considering I want to take the greatest pictures possible. Thanks alot steve I think I'll go for it.
babydilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18, 2002, 8:05 PM   #4

So now that THAT decision is over... hey, wanna sell your old Kodak for $200.00? (wink wink knod knod).

------------------

Quote:
Originally posted by babydilly
Indeed. I was at the PPA camera show yesterday and the Canon reps shwoed it to me, it was incredibly lighter than my camera. I was also impressed with the 6.3 megapixel pictures (opposed to the 2 for the 520). This is quite important to me considering I want to take the greatest pictures possible. Thanks alot steve I think I'll go for it.
atlantagreg is offline   Reply With Quote