Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Feb 7, 2007, 11:42 AM   #1

Not sure this really belongs here, but I didn't see a proper place. I'm trying to find out the size of the photos that fit in graduation invitations. I did a few senior photos for someone and they want to order some of the size tofit in her invitations. Unfortunately, I'm not sure what size that is. I told them I'd try to research the issue while they do so on their end.I'm not sure she actually has her invitations yet or not... seems like she could just measure the slot if she does. Anyway, I was just wonderingif there's a 'standard size' for this sort of thing.If anyone knows, I would appreciate the input.
gracie328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 7, 2007, 12:58 PM   #2

I would order the invitations and then figure out how to get prints to fit in the slots. Or just ask the people who print the invitations what size print you need. I wouldn't count on them being a standard size even if there was such a thing.

I think the important thing is to crop the image to the right proportions yourself rather than leave it to the people doing the prints. If your original photos are digital it is very easy to do with any image editor or even some free utilities. Send all of the pixels you don't crop off to the printer. It is easy to end up with low resolution if you mess around with a resample.

slipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2007, 3:49 PM   #3

Quote:
I think the important thing is to crop the image to the right proportions yourself rather than leave it to the people doing the prints.
That is exactly why I asked the question. Idon't plan on leaving it to the printer. I always crop to exactsize before ordering... not justsameproportion. I think these are pretty much a standard size... at least in this area, but maybe everyone isn't as familiar with them as I thought. Thanks anyway.
gracie328 is offline   Reply With Quote