Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Jul 11, 2003, 10:24 AM   #11

Nope, like all other memory cards they start out small and then are increased in size as time goes on.

Personally I'd be worried about cards that size, having that many pictures on a card...then again, I've only used most of my 128meg card once.
Mike_PEAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 2003, 11:35 AM   #12

Default C-5050 and Noise

Thanks for the reply HaveBlue. Over the years I've come to expect quality results when it comes to graphics/images, monitors and printers. I have a 19" monitor with a .22 dot pitch (something you still don't find everyday in computerdum). So when I display my pictures most nuances can be seen!

I'm presently using an 'old' Kodak DC260 - my second digital which is now 5 yrs old and only has 2.1 mp resolution. I don't blow-up many pictures. Most get printed at 4 x 6 on Epson Photo paper. I've been extremely happy with the quality of the prints. Now, they may not last long, but that's another topic!

As I said, I'm leaning very heavily towards the 5050, but just want to make sure I don't regret plunking down ~$600!

Thanks again,
redjr..
redjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 2003, 12:16 PM   #13

Default Re: C-5050 and Noise

Quote:
Originally Posted by redjr
As I said, I'm leaning very heavily towards the 5050, but just want to make sure I don't regret plunking down ~$600!
Suggest you talk to other Oly 5050 owners in the Olympus forum here.

Also there's a C-5050 MSN Support Group at http://groups.msn.com/OlympusCamedia5050SupportGroup
Mike_PEAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 2003, 1:17 PM   #14

Great info here, everyone. Thanks. Does anyone have experience with the 5400 at low light yet?
vman is offline   Reply With Quote