Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Jul 15, 2003, 12:06 AM   #11

Youcould avoid this by getting a digcam with a 1:1.5 format, but very few manufacturers seem to offer this. This really pisses me off by the way. Digital photos should be the same as 35mm file.

But to answer your question, I crop to 1067 X 1600 before printing...
crashley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 2003, 5:58 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by crashley
Youcould avoid this by getting a digcam with a 1:1.5 format, but very few manufacturers seem to offer this. This really pisses me off by the way. Digital photos should be the same as 35mm file.

But to answer your question, I crop to 1067 X 1600 before printing...
Initially that used to piss me off too but in retrospect, the processors are to blame for not accommodating the new aspect ratio of digicams .... i will go investigating on Thursday to see if ic an find one that will.
Alfisti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 2003, 7:54 AM   #13

Do you mind using some better language...younger people do read this. This ticks me off! :x
Mike_PEAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 2003, 4:36 PM   #14

Please use better language.

Go look at some of the Kodaks if wide is your choice. Unfortunately I prefer other makes for their features, but on ccd aspect ratio, Kodak may give you what you want. But you might find you can get more Mpix from somebody else for the same money, and just stick a bit of magic tape at the top and bottom of the lcd for safe area framing and do your own lossless crop.
voxmagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 2003, 5:00 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo
I doubt I'd find that feature useful.
Nor me, but if you wanted to see what the 6x4 bucket shop would do to your images it might be useful.

BTW, in the UK at least, if you go for 'super' enprints, you've generally got 7x5, instead of the 7.5x5 that fits the 35mm frame, which is the same problem as digicam people have, but going back further in history. Processing houses don't seem to imagine that anyone might actually have composed their shot in the viewfinder instead of just pointing roughly the right way.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote