Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Jul 17, 2002, 7:08 PM   #1
Dam

Default Choice a digital camera

Hi alls. I am new user of this forum and the first is say hello.
Good, I īve a problem, I have a friend that go to New York this friday, and he go to buy a digital camera for me, I live in Spain, I think about of Coolpix 5700 and if is not in Stock the Oly E - 20. What do you think about this, the E - 20 itīs worth
the purchase?
Do you can help me?
I say to my friend " you have bring me one digital camera of NY, without discussion" Is a joke, but I have that to take advantage of the good prices in USA
What do you advise me?
Than you
Dam is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 17, 2002, 7:46 PM   #2

Is this situation I would suggest reading the reviews on both cameras if available, on this site but if I had that choice I would go Nikon, but I am partial to the Nikon brand.

I just bought the Coolpix 4500 and if the bigger brother to the camera I have is an indication, I would go with the next Coolpix, but to be honest, this camera is good enough for my own applications.

In the end if the camera you pick makes good pictures, lasts a long time, and most important....if YOU like it, that is all that matters.

You'll be the one who uses the thing and when you toss down $$$ for something like this you want to make the right decision for yourself, so if you use the camera for awhile and don't buy new equipment that often, even years from now you still get use out of it.
Jaseball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18, 2002, 10:13 AM   #3

I had the E-20, and it was a fine camera. I, personaly, didn't like the shape, but that is very subjective. Most people seem to love it. It takes great pictures and has a lot of features.

I'm interested in buying the 5700, though I haven't handled one yet. It's smaller and has an 8X optical zoom v. 4X for the E-20.

I don't think you could go wrong with either camera. Personally - though others will disagree - in this MB range, these are the only two cameras I would consider.

I think it comes down to size/style and zoom preference.
Robert Eastburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 2002, 7:12 AM   #4

I don’t think that the US version of E20
has- Pal video out!!!
janus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2002, 3:00 PM   #5
Dam

Default Dimage 7i

Finally my friend has purchased the Minolta Dimage 7i, for me is a very good choice, the Nikon 5700 is not available in NY yet, I donīt want grey market, and in the B-H, Adorama and others stores is not in stock, I declined the Oly E-20, for the future waiting one further version.
Thank you alls.
Dam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21, 2002, 9:04 AM   #6

I've never been a Minolta fan. I guess I didn't like my SRT 101 35 years ago. However, this forum about has me conviced that I need a 7i for a second camera.

See, I really do pay attention.
Robert Eastburg is offline   Reply With Quote