Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Jul 21, 2003, 9:18 AM   #1

Default Another Spammer Bites the Dust

thank you steve for the quick removal of the unwanted spam ad that hit 11 forums yesterday. it nice to keep it clean and usable for people who are interested in the subject of digital imaging and i believe is appreciated by all.
sjms is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 21, 2003, 9:45 AM   #2

I emailed Steve about it, at least about the one here!
Mike_PEAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21, 2003, 9:47 AM   #3

we both hit steve with it. i pm him this morning too. this is why i stick with this site.
sjms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21, 2003, 10:44 AM   #4
Administrator

Thanks for being my "eyes" over here while I'm busy with the reviews and other duties. We count on you folks to police the forums - feel free to notify me whenever you see someone posting ads or other inappropriate text.

-Steve
steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21, 2003, 2:01 PM   #5

Steve, I guess there's no feature on this forum system to add a link for each reply that's been posted that says, "Report this post to moderator"...it would make things easier.
Old Jul 21, 2003, 3:42 PM   #6

Default Glad to see it gone!

There was an item on last nights news warning of deals being offered on the internet when what they really wanted was to grab at someones identity. If you look at the waiting time for delivery, it pretty much says it all. The customer waits and waits while the alleged seller runs???
normc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21, 2003, 3:56 PM   #7

Here's an interesting article about some of the frauds being done by digital camera sellers:

http://www.pcworld.com/howto/article...,107855,00.asp
Old Jul 21, 2003, 5:29 PM   #8

Hi Mike, yes I read all the scams, but I'm wondering, do you have any credit card purchase protection arrangements or consumer protection Laws your side of the pond?

I'd never deal cash with these sorts, but I know merchants over here accepting credit cards can only process the order at the point of shipping, and on most cards purchases over 100 are insured on the card if the dealer doesn't deliver. The purchasers beef is first to the credit card company who are treated as Agents in the purchase transaction.

I've had problems with unlawful debits from my card account by an internet service provider, contrary to an agreement - and the card company refunded the amounts.
voxmagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21, 2003, 6:13 PM   #9

Yeah thanks for removing it ... th best part of this place is the lack of bias and honest opinions ... you can't get that with spammers.
Alfisti is offline   Reply With Quote