Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Apr 4, 2007, 10:56 AM   #1

Please help. I see something called removable storage and I tried dragging it to there but it says that file type is not supported or something. I currently have Canon S3 camera hooked up to the computer. Do I need to buy myself a memory card reader?
Raztaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 4, 2007, 1:27 PM   #2

Raztaz wrote:
Quote:
Please help. I see something called removable storage and I tried dragging it to there but it says that file type is not supported or something. I currently have Canon S3 camera hooked up to the computer. Do I need to buy myself a memory card reader?
I know once in a card read, the card become just another drive and anything can be moved into it. I've not tried moving items from a computer into a card while loaded in the camera. There may be some sort of protocol not allowing it to be done that way.
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4, 2007, 1:52 PM   #3

The S3 is listed as a PTP camera, so you should be able to do transfers both to and from the card through the drive letter it makes.

Just for fun I put a program I had downloaded into my Casio and installed the program onto the computer using the file in the camera. They shouldn't be picky about file types.

Take some photos with the camera and look at your drive to see which folder the photos are stored in. If you want to view them on the camera LCD they should normally go back into that same folder when you upload them. They should also have the same file name protocol of letters followed by numbers with a maximum of 8 and no spaces.

The drive letter that is the camera should be there only with the camera connected and communicating. I don't have a Canon, but none of my cameras have shown as "removable storage". "Removable disc", "Removable drive" and "Camera" have been cameras. Make sure the "removable storage" is your camera and goes away when you disconnect the camera.

slipe is offline   Reply With Quote