Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Apr 5, 2007, 11:24 AM   #1

I'm still pretty new to photography and one thing that has really been helping me are the portfolios of famous photographers. Latley I've been getting photo-books at the library and flipping through them for inspiration. The only problem is that eventually, I have to retun them. I've phurchased a couple favorites of mine, however this gets very expensive and I can't do that too often. My question is this. Is there anyway I can by a DVD/internet download/ ect. containing a collection of famous photos? I'd love to have a library of famous portfolios saved on to my computer to refer back to when ever I wanted. Natrally, I understand the copyright issues with this and I have no intention of breaking the law. I'd be happy with a protected medium i.e. DVD that could not be manipulated. If anyone has any ideas or suggestions, I'd love to hear from you. -Thanks, Justin
JDoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 11, 2007, 8:54 PM   #2

Museums which exhibit photographs often have archives of prior exhibits online for your viewing. That's one resource you can use.
JDar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2007, 6:30 AM   #3

JDoran,

Check at these locations. They may have what you are looking for. They do have all kinds of new and used books on photography and they are real cheap.

http://collegebookservice.com/store/list.php?d=s

http://search.half.ebay.com/photography_W0QQ

Hope this will help.

divertwo
divertwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2007, 6:51 AM   #4

There was a news release recently where Time stated that they were going to put the entire Life portfolio of images onto the net for private use.

Sorry, I don't have a link, nor do I know when these images will become available, but there are certainly many very famous images in that collection.
amazingthailand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2007, 6:56 AM   #5

Check out Masters of Photography. Otherwise, google for "history of photography" and so on. There's quite a few works on the web if you look around.

Norm in Fujino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2007, 8:22 AM   #6

JDoran,

Masters of PhotographyDVD is available for $11.00+ on half.com.

divertwo
divertwo is offline   Reply With Quote