Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old May 24, 2007, 8:00 PM   #51

Keoeeit wrote:
Quote:
Go ahead, keep trying to justify why you waste your time and money on DSLRs.
Still waiting for you to step up to the plate
JohnG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2007, 8:05 PM   #52

Keoeeit wrote:
Quote:
I can equal your camera's speed and even surpass your camera in RAW photos on my S3 IS at a RAW frame every 1.2 seconds. The hand-held shot that I just posted already proved that I could surpass any of your low-light shots.
Hmmm 1.2 fps> 5 fps

New math?

The hand-held shot. Are you really this dense or just want to avoid the obvious? MY SUBJECTS WER MOVING. How fast was that vcr going? Take a 1 sec exposur of a moving subject and see how it looks.

Please do. Feel free to post that 1 sec exposure of a moving subject. I'm sure it will compare quite well to mine.
Old May 24, 2007, 8:11 PM   #53

JohnG wrote:
Quote:
Keoeeit wrote:
Quote:
I can equal your camera's speed and even surpass your camera in RAW photos on my S3 IS at a RAW frame every 1.2 seconds. The hand-held shot that I just posted already proved that I could surpass any of your low-light shots.
Hmmm 1.2 fps> 5 fps

New math?

The hand-held shot. Are you really this dense or just want to avoid the obvious? MY SUBJECTS WER MOVING. How fast was that vcr going? Take a 1 sec exposur of a moving subject and see how it looks.

Please do. Feel free to post that 1 sec exposure of a moving subject. I'm sure it will compare quite well to mine.
John, You got your math wrong.

Its 1.2 seconds per frame, not 1.2 frames per second:shock:
fldspringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2007, 8:35 PM   #54

Keoeeit wrote:
Quote:
Oh yeah, your headstones and statues were moving SO FAST!

What an f'ing troll!
Ummmm,

would you care to clean off your contact lenses and look back at my posts Hard to confuse basketball players, football players and infants for head stones. Take your time, I know it can be difficult:G

So, gather your thoughts, read my post and look at the criteria for each shot. Take all the time you want - you'll need it
Old May 24, 2007, 8:36 PM   #55

Now noone take offence it's just a joke

Attached Images

tjsnaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2007, 8:37 PM   #56

Keoeeit,

I realize you're having difficulty reading and paying attention. So here's the post again. So tell me which action shot the vcr equates to - the ISO 3200 football shot or the ISO 1600 basketball or even the ISO 1600 choir?

JohnG wrote:
Quote:
Keoeeit wrote:
Quote:
Replying to these dSLR trolls is getting old, and way to easy to prove them 100% wrong every time.
Interesting logic. Every time you've tried to post shots they've proven to be lower quality:

1. Bird in flight? Lower quality

your response - choose an easier subject - stationary bird

2. Stationary bird? lower quality

your response - choose an even easier subject - macro

So, rather than trying to pick easier and easier shots till you find a subject so easy of course any camera can take the shot, let's get a little tricky and VERY specific. Try to stick to the exact theme please and not switch to something completely different and technically very easy.

Photo 1 - let's see your ISO 1600 shot of a subject moving DIRECTLY TOWARD YOU from about 15 feet away (not from 100 feet but about 15):

Photo 2: Let's see some of your ISO 3200 shots of a moving subject about 25 yards away:

Photo 3 - let's see your ISO 1600 still shot from 40 feet away:

Photo 4: Indoor shallow-dof portrait shot from 8 feet away (not 30 but8 )- sometimes you can't back up any further after all:

Photo 5: Any f1.8 aperture shot of your choice:

Photo 6 - Actually a series - any 7 shot action burst of your choice (action please) - preferably in under 2 seconds of elapsed time (please pardon the watermarks):

See if you can stay within the stated criteria for each shot. Feel free to let me know which specific shots your camera is physically unable to provide.

Old May 24, 2007, 8:38 PM   #57

tjsnaps wrote:
Quote:
Now noone take offence it's just a joke

Actually, this shot has better noise profile than what his will have:G
Old May 24, 2007, 9:05 PM   #58

"You must be joking. Any of your examples could be accomplished with either of my P&S cameras. The burst shots? I can equal your camera's speed and even surpass your camera in RAW photos on my S3 IS at a RAW frame every 1.2 seconds."

Hate to burst your bubble, but the S3 IS has no RAW capability...unless you've modified your cam with tree bark and chipmunk bones.

I think you've been living in the woods a little too long. I can understand your feeling that you are superior to every living being on the face of the planet...delusions of grandeur are common among people living in isolation, but your camera s*cks dude...it can't take the shots that John posted, and if you say it can you're a liar...but then again, you've already proved that.

the Hun

rinniethehun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2007, 9:45 PM   #59

fldspringer wrote:
Quote:
John, You got your math wrong.

Its 1.2 seconds per frame, not 1.2 frames per second:shock:
I shouldn't have wrote that.

One person seems to have stopped taking his meds and started a p&s vs DSLR war. It doesn't matter what system one chooses, there are drawbacks and learning to live within the limitations are just a fact of life. There are some great digicams out there and, unfortunately, the tone of this thread has taken a bad turn somewhere along the road.

I tried to be constructive and relay my experiences. I posted a few pics to give some idea as to system capabilities. Others have done the same, both P&S and DSLR. I stopped being constructive with this postand I apologize.
fldspringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2007, 9:55 PM   #60

If thier were a such thing as a perfect camera then we would all own the Nicanflex D1 DSLR with live view flexable 3 inch LCD and it's 10mm - 400mm f/2 lens.

As it is we own what we can afford and that dose the best job for our needs.

Or you do I'm still saving money and trying to pick a camera.
tjsnaps is offline   Reply With Quote