Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Apr 29, 2007, 4:31 PM   #11

TCav wrote:
Quote:
JockScott wrote:
Quote:
tjsnaps wrote:
Quote:
Get a Nikon owner and A Canon owner in the same room and their was bound to be trouble
Throw in a Pentax, and you could get a real fight going.
Yeah. The Canon and Pentax owners would gang up on the Nikon owner. When they were through with him, then they'd turn on each other.
The the guy with the 8x10" view camera would come in and flatten the lot of them.

There were/are more choices with chemical cameras and what film to use than there are with digital so there were more arguments.
BillDrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2007, 8:16 PM   #12

The 35mm film group was a collection of civilized persons that had mild mannered discussions. Never did we argue.

Yes we did. We argued a lot.:roll:

No we didn't. We might have had a lively discussion now and again, but never an argument.:yawn:

LOOK kNUCKLE HEAD. What about the time you wanted to use Ektachrome and I told you to use Kodachrome. But nooooooo you had to use Ektachrome. The shots sucked, the color was all wrong.:P

You did not!:evil:

Did too! And how about that time you wanted that Nikkor 50mm f1.4. I told you to spend the extra money and get the 1.2. Less than a year later you bought the 1.2. Dummy.:-x

Hey, I was trying to be frugil. And what about the time you wanted that F3 body. God that was an ugly thing, and if the batteries died you only had one shutter speed. Wow there was an improvement huh? You moron.

Moron, MORON. I GOT YOUR &^%$ MORON!!!

The proceeding message was brought to you by the little voices in my head. :crazy:

gryphonslair99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2007, 10:49 PM   #13

BillDrew wrote:
Quote:
The the guy with the 8x10" view camera would come in and flatten the lot of them.
No. He'd just walk quietly by, wearing a sly little smirk.
TCav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2007, 12:23 AM   #14

TCav wrote:
Quote:
BillDrew wrote:
Quote:
No. He'd just walk quietly by, wearing a sly little smirk.
Maybe Bill should have said 'could come in and flatten..' , as anyone who regularly carries around one of those behemoths wouldn't be getting much argument from anyone. :-)

The guy who carried around the glass plates, though.......!

brian
VTphotog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2007, 10:24 PM   #15

Their are two things film photographers always agreed on

1) No self respecting artist would ever adjust his pictures on a computer

2) Digital cameras will never match the quality of film

Just goes to show it's some time better to shut up
tjsnaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2007, 3:04 PM   #16

Well,

Back in the old days of film we always had different opinions on the choice of films as well as the camera choices. Slides verses prints was always good. One magazine would want only slides while another would want either the final 8 X 10 or so photograph or another would want color negatives. When doing freelance speculation you always had to shoot both types of film. If on an assignment it was easier because you almost knew what the art director wanted. I say almost because sometimes they did not know what they wanted.

The photographers I knew mostly used Nikon's for 35mm and Hasselbled's for medium format. I used a Pentax MX until I could afford to switch to a couple of F4 Nikons and a bunch of lenses. My first medium format was a Pentax 6X7. I also had a Calumet 4X5 at that time. I did end up with two Hasselblads as well as two F4's. You always seemed to need at least two of everything.

I now have a D200 as well as my D100 digital Nikons and they are the absolute best things that ever came along as far as quality output is concerned. No more guessing if you have a photo or not. No more depending on some [email protected]#&^ LAB to destroy your film. "Digital ROCKS"

Boy, I sure hope I did not get to far off track here but to answer the question, YES,

Ronnie

Ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote