Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Apr 29, 2007, 12:21 AM   #1

Hello everyone. I just got thru updating the programming for my gallery. I am now using asp.net to dynamically create the css and javascript for my gallery page. As such I now have categories that can be selected to further filter the images and the images are listed from most recently added to oldest (use to be the other way around).

http://www.mattspinelli.com/gallery.aspx

I have tested this over and over again on IE 6, IE 7, Firefox 1.5, Firefox 2.0, and Opera 9 on windows XP Pro. If I could get others to test it I'd appreciate it. If you get an error message could you take a screen capture of it (press the print screen key and then paste in into ms paint and then save as jpg) and email it to me? I'd appreciate it.

Any comments on the images are welcome to. I've posted 2 new ones (new to the gallery that is) but I may have posted them here independently of my gallery page some time ago. Also if you don't mind try the zoom 50% and zoom 100% crop buttons. These aren't new but I have had reports of them not always working. If they don't work for you could you tell me:

A) What type of connection you have (dialup, dsl, cable, etc)
B) What browser and version you are using (i.e. IE 7)
C) What operation system you are using

Thanks!
nelmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 29, 2007, 6:01 AM   #2

Works fine with Netscape 8.1.3.

Nice site.

the Hun

rinniethehun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2007, 7:07 AM   #3
Administrator

I tested it quickly using Firefox (1..5.0.11), Konquerer (3,4.2) and Dillo (0.8.4) running under a Linux Live CD (Vector SOHO 5.1.2 Live). This is an older CD. But, I did an online update to the latest security patched Firefox 1.5 (did not try 2.0).

Firefox and Konqurer seems to render the pages OK (and the zoom features work).

But, Dillo had a problem with the pages (formatting totally hosed on all pages I tried). Of course, Dillo is a simple browser and it doesn't support javascript. lol

The W3C validation page shows hundreds of errors. But, they don't seem to impact page rendering in Firefox or Konquerer:

http://validator.w3.org/

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2007, 8:35 AM   #4

JimC wrote:
Quote:
I tested it quickly using Firefox (1..5.0.11), Konquerer (3,4.2) and Dillo (0.8.4) running under a Linux Live CD (Vector SOHO 5.1.2 Live). This is an older CD. But, I did an online update to the latest security patched Firefox 1.5 (did not try 2.0).

Firefox and Konqurer seems to render the pages OK (and the zoom features work).

But, Dillo had a problem with the pages (formatting totally hosed on all pages I tried). Of course, Dillo is a simple browser and it doesn't support javascript. lol

The W3C validation page shows hundreds of errors. But, they don't seem to impact page rendering in Firefox or Konquerer:

http://validator.w3.org/
I am aware that my website has validation issue. When I first started with it in 2005 I was a novice as web programming so the foundation (layout) was done in tables and many of the html elements were done incorrectly. But as you mention it does seem to work okay in modern browsers.

I looked at the validator for the gallery.aspx page and noticed that the majority of the errors had to do with my javascript functions (the ones for the gallery). It seemed to have thought that the html code and/or javascript that was in the functions (they are used to build html code for div containers when a thumbnail is pressed) was invalid XHTML transition code because of the characters of "<" and "\" and others. But the javascript is done correctly. There are no javascript errors in firefox regarding this. The doc type was set by web developer 2005 express (what I used for the asp.net). So maybe this has something to do with it.

The other many errors had to do with <br> instead of <br /> and things like these. I will try to fix as many errors as I can in time. But it isn't easy. Thanks for the feedback. I find web programming to be much more difficult than applications programming.
nelmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2007, 9:07 AM   #5

am running xp pro sp2 - internet explorer 6.0 - all updates in place with latest sunsys java

your site is PERFECT
bernabeu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2007, 7:54 AM   #6

Looking good on my MAC Safari browser.
BEECEE is offline   Reply With Quote