Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old May 22, 2007, 1:07 PM   #11

This is what I have in my camera bag...

Battery chargers under the Rocket :-)

Batteries, cables, compact flash cards....on this side of the bag :-)

This is how I store my gear. When I'm out and about I use a regularbackpack with my 20D, 10-22mm, 28-70mm, 70-200mm, batteries and compact flash cards.

Chris
cmoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2007, 4:34 PM   #12

Well, that's the end of this contest.

I think we have a winner!
TCav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2007, 6:48 PM   #13
Super Moderator

TCav wrote:
Quote:
Well, that's the end of this contest.

I think we have a winner!
Not that this is a competition..... although it has been fun but not sure we had a winner (and probably there is someone with more kit..... better kit..... etc) with Chris :blah:

This is what mine looks like bagged up. Sorry for the low quality shots..... the only thing I had left was my mobile phone LOL.

Mark1616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2007, 7:43 PM   #14

Two bags! :shock::?:shock: Youbeat meMark! :-)
Old May 23, 2007, 3:22 AM   #15
Super Moderator

LOL..... I'm just waiting to see what some full time pro comes up with.
Mark1616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2007, 7:22 AM   #16

My wife and I were at B&H this past Sunday. We saw some LARGE backpacks! :shock: They were HUGE! :? I have no clue how someone can carry one fully loaded :?

BTW How do you like your Sigma 128-300mm f/2.8?
Old May 24, 2007, 8:54 AM   #17

Man do I feel small in terms of the gear and bag I use compared to what some of you have and are using. I don't even have a supplimental lens for the camera.

Anyway as for a winner I was not looking for one I was looking to see what others use and see it sparked any idea in my mind as to what gear or items that I don't have that I want or need.

I am surprised that many of us think the guy with the most gear always wins. Well does that guy or gal use it all, all of the time or most of the time...... Do they end up carrying a lot of gear that they do not use.

Well I gotta get to work... thanks to everyone for sharing so far and I hope more will share in the future.

dave
Photo 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2007, 9:00 AM   #18

cmoy wrote:
Quote:
My wife and I were at B&H this past Sunday. We saw some LARGE backpacks! :shock: They were HUGE! :? I have no clue how someone can carry one fully loaded :?

BTW How do you like your Sigma 128-300mm f/2.8?
I've seen a few people around here that carry their gear in a rolling suitecase size packs. One guy (who is the athletic director for a local high schol and takes pictures of every sports event he can get to) has three camera bodies the case comes up to his waist........ I guess as we all get more camera stuff we will need bigger and bigger packs to carry it in.

bhphotovideo.com is one of my favorite sites to shop at. In fact I bought the last 3 cameras I owned from them (out of 5 total I have had). I also got all my memory cards from them inculding the one my brother got for me for christmas and had them ship it to me.

BTW my cameras have been:

Pansonic Super Disc Camera (120MB floppy -- 1.3mp) got in 2001
Olympus C-700 (2mp - 10x zoom)
Olympus C-740 )4mp - 10x zoom)
Fuji S-5200 (5mp - 10x zoom)
Fuji S-9100 (9mp - 10.7x zoom)

dave
Old May 24, 2007, 9:33 AM   #19

B&H was a made house! :shock:To think of it, it might be this busy all the time :lol: If you're ever in NYC you gottacheck it out :-)The one other time I was there I almost got my camera knock out of my hand by passing shoppers/employees! This time I went without my camera :-) Adorama isn't as crazy. It's also amuch smaller shop. B&H has more stuff out for you to play with :-)At Adorama you have to ask for most things.

"Do they end up carrying a lot of gear that they do not use", yup :-) My 70-200mm usually stays in my bag. I carry it around just in case :-) I may only take the 70-200mm out this Sunday. Force myself to use it like in Switzerland:-)
Old May 24, 2007, 9:44 AM   #20

Well I guess a trip to NYC needs to be arranged so I can see the showroom of bhphotovideo. Only been on their website so far.

Usually I use what is in my primary bag every wek and the backup bags once in a blue moon or disaster I should say.

dave