Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old May 23, 2007, 10:43 PM   #1

I understand from reading other post IS not good for moving subjects, but say if I am at theme park and my kids are on a ride and the object going around and around with my kids on it, how will the IS adjust for the photo. Will the photo still look good.
Imacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 23, 2007, 11:07 PM   #2

Imacer sez: I understand from reading other post IS not good for moving subjects, but say if I am at theme park and my kids are on a ride and the object going around and around with my kids on it, how will the IS adjust for the photo. Will the photo still look good.

Right. IS will not help eliminate blur from a moving object. It will only help compensate for your unsteady camera handling. Use a high shutter speed to freeze your moving kids. If you can't get a high enough shutter speed to get a sharp image, pan your camera in the same directions the kids are moving. That will lower the relative speed of movement between the kids and the camera, giving you a better shot at getting a sharp image.

Grant
granthagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2007, 10:47 AM   #3

Depending on what your standing on (say the wooden walkway leading to the ride) IS might help remove the vibration from that shaking as the ride goes by.

But if you have a high enough shutter speed to stop them in motion, I bet you'd also have enough to stop the camera shake from the vibration of the walkway.

Panning is not easy, I'd suggest practicing if you have the time. You can get good at it (it is a skill) but it takes some time.

Eric
eric s is offline   Reply With Quote